Bell 206 Collective

Art Master

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Art Master
I’m building a Bell 206 Collective out of PVC pipe that is “plug ’n play” using two Hall Effect Sensors (throttle and pitch), a BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board.

There are two types of Honeywell Hall Effect sensors, 90 degree, and 180 degree rotation angles. Would anyone be able to tell me how many degrees a real Bell 206 collective rotates for throttle and pitch? This way I would have an idea which sensors to purchase.

p.s. Yes I am aware of potentiometers.

Thx for your help.

I'd guess the 206 is gonna be about the same as the 407 so I'd say the 90° should suffice.

It's been 14 yrs since I've flown a 206 but I'd go with 90. Pretty sure the throttle is a 90 degree twist. As far as collective, never had to pull to the stop so not sure on that. On the UH-60 it only goes up around 60 degrees so I can't imagine a 206 even approaching the 90.

I have in the MM that full down collective is 12.1 deg from the horizontal. That's as much for clearance of the console as anything. As for full up, 60 Deg from horizontal is the max. I don't know off hand how much, but if you had 45* of movement on one that'd be plenty I expect.

I would agree with 90 degree being the general throw of the twist grip from general experience. It looks like from the IPC drawing that it's about 90 with the detent.

Back