Belated "Hello"

N6399A

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N6399A
Well, I've posted a few times to this board now, and realized that I never officially said "Hello" or introduced myself. Please forgive me as I've never been much of a message board girl in the past. I'd read them, extract what I deemed useful information, and move on. But you folks are just too much fun and I couldn't restrain myself any longer. Having now met a few POAers in person, and spent some time with Henning, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone else. I'm a student pilot with 36 hours dual and 14 solo in a 1956 182 that I bought last fall. My time to post is somewhat limited as I own a bird store in Phoenix, raise and train German Shepherds, and am trying my darnedest to learn how to fly. My checkride will probably happen sometime in March. Also, this might be a good time to mention that the Gastons thread really got my attention. Doing new things and meeting new people is one of my greatest joys, so without any formal invitation, I booked a room while there were still a couple available. Hope that's OK, as I'm truly looking forward to meeting more of you folks. Not to mention that June, July, August, and more often than not, September, are great months to "get out of Dodge" so to speak. So thanks for the often informative and thoughtful posts and for the support you guys offer to students. It’s truly appreciated. :)

Sheri,

Welcome to PoA. Don't base you opinion of all of us on meeting Henning!! :D

I hope you can make it to Gaston's. It really makes reading and posting on the board more fun when you know the people behind the posts. And best of luck on your training. Henning says you're a good pilot and will do great.

Welcome, Sheri! It's nice to see another SW area pilot join the board.

Dan
Las Vegas

Welcome aboard, Sheri. re: German Shepherds - can I send my Shepherd/Akita to you for some training? just kidding...but somebody at my house needs training - me or her!

An official welcome aboard (from me anyhow). Look forward to meeting you at Gastons!

Welcome Sheri. I spent a year in the Phoenix area in the late 90's. Its a great place to fly (other than summer afternoons). I flew out of Falcon field and got my glider rating at Estrella sailpark while I was there.

I'm a student pilot with 36 hours dual and 14 solo in a 1956 182 that I bought last fall.

Great way to go! 182's are nice all around airplanes.

so without any formal invitation, I booked a room while there were still a couple available. Hope that's OK

No invitation necessary, heck I showed up and they didn't kick me out...:dunno:

Welcome Sheri! There are a lot of great people here. Enjoy!

Well, I've posted a few times to this board now, and realized that I never officially said "Hello" or introduced myself.

Hello to you too

Please forgive me as I've never been much of a message board girl in the past. I'd read them, extract what I deemed useful information, and move on.

No Apologies necessary it probably makes you a saner person.

But you folks are just too much fun and I couldn't restrain myself any longer. Having now met a few POAers in person, and spent some time with Henning,

Well so much for your sanity

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone else. I'm a student pilot with 36 hours dual and 14 solo in a 1956 182 that I bought last fall. My time to post is somewhat limited as I own a bird store in Phoenix, raise and train German Shepherds, and am trying my darnedest to learn how to fly. My checkride will probably happen sometime in March.

Hmmm Did your sheperd ever eat the birds?

Also, this might be a good time to mention that the Gastons thread really got my attention. Doing new things and meeting new people is one of my greatest joys, so without any formal invitation, I booked a room while there were still a couple available. Hope that's OK,

WHAT????? YOU BOOKED WITHOUT ANY FORMAL INVIATION!!! Now you've done it! :hairraise: Comming to Gastons without a formal invtation is going to cause major problems. I mean Steve has to know how many planes are comming in and when and he can't handel more than 20 because thats about high as he can count. You have to be vetted before coming to Gastons! Heck Anthony has been a member of this board since it began and he STILL isn't allowed to come to Gastons:no: :rolleyes:

as I'm truly looking forward to meeting more of you folks. Not to mention that June, July, August, and more often than not, September, are great months to "get out of Dodge" so to speak. So thanks for the often informative and thoughtful posts and for the support you guys offer to students. It’s truly appreciated. :)

WELCOME

Welcome to the madness err neighborhood. This is a nice place and from what I have read from you so far you will fit in the rest of the inmates just fine!

Well, I've posted a few times to this board now, and realized that I never officially said "Hello" or introduced myself. Please forgive me as I've never been much of a message board girl in the past.

Well, a belated "Welcome" to you! :yes:

without any formal invitation, I booked a room while there were still a couple available. Hope that's OK

Uh oh! I just realized nobody invited me to Gaston's either! (Or the last two times, for that matter.) :( So, that's certainly OK. I hope! ;)

You will definitely enjoy Gaston's. Be sure you come for at least Friday through Sunday - My first time I showed up Saturday afternoon and really wished I could have been there longer. There are just too many cool people and cool airplanes to digest it all in a day! In fact, I could happily spend a week there, if everyone else did the same. :yes:

See you there! :)

Sheri,

Welcome to PoA. Don't base you opinion of all of us on meeting Henning!! :D

Not to worry............ I'm a great judge of character. And God knows there's only ONE Henning. :D

Thanks all for the welcomes .............. will try to be a productive, or, at least, entertaining participant. ;)

Welcome to PoA. Feel free to jump in with both feet at any time. :)

Welcome aboard, Sheri. re: German Shepherds - can I send my Shepherd/Akita to you for some training? just kidding...but somebody at my house needs training - me or her!

Greg, I'm sure there is no training required, however, it may be that you have an insufficient number in your pack. I'm almost certain that what you really need is one of these. :yes: :D

IMG_0618.JPG cody.jpg

Welcome to the forum Sheri. :) I'm looking forward to meeting you, and flying with you at Gaston's. :yes:

Sheri,

Nice to have join the forum. You should meet Skyhog, er Nick. He is sorta from your neck of the woods.

Scott

Welcome! Very nice bunch of people here, glad you could join us.

Greg, I'm sure there is no training required, however, it may be that you have an insufficient number in your pack. I'm almost certain that what you really need is one of these. :yes: :D

View attachment 7265 View attachment 7266

Aww. :) How old are they? Judging by the cabinets in the one pic, they're still tiny! I got mine when he was already 5 or 6 weeks old, so I don't think I've ever seen a Shepherd so small!

Aww. :) How old are they? Judging by the cabinets in the one pic, they're still tiny! I got mine when he was already 5 or 6 weeks old, so I don't think I've ever seen a Shepherd so small!

They were about 5 weeks in those pics. 6 1/2 weeks now. They'll be ready to go next week. Think the pics are kind of deceiving, they're really pretty big, 12-14 pounds already.

Greg, I'm sure there is no training required, however, it may be that you have an insufficient number in your pack. I'm almost certain that what you really need is one of these.
Aw, those guys look awesome! Here's our Roxy:

as a pup
Im000353dog.jpg

and last summer as a 3 year old
Captured2004-02-1900003.jpg

She really is smart as a whip and trained quickly with the basics; sit, lay, come, stay, wait (on treats), leave it (on dropped treats). What we haven't worked thru - our fault with lack of time to work on - is heel and walking on a leash. She is so excited to go for walks she pulls on the leash, and off leash she turns stone cold deaf to "come" until she's good and ready.

I had a Bouvier quite a few years ago that excelled in Schutzen - but that was when "spare time" seemed easily found.

Last edited:
She is so excited to go for walks she pulls on the leash, and off leash she turns stone cold deaf to "come" until she's good and ready.

Have some tips for that if you're interested. Pretty easy fixes. :) She looks like a great dog!!!

Not yet.

But it's on the list. A little thing called work is taking priority (including weekends).

She is getting some stick time, though. Shouldn't be a problem.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Speaking of which, is your bride checked out in her airplane yet?

Welcome Sheri,
come check out Seattle if you're approaching "well done" in PHX this summer... and good luck with your rating too.

Back