Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
Old panel
oldpanel.jpg

New one

002.jpg

Just curious, was there a reason the "6 pack" was arranged the way it was in the "before" picture? Seems like an odd arrangement to me. Did it come like that originally?

Yes Andrew. Back in 1966 the engineers over at Cessna were so high they didnt care where they put the instruments. They just thought "Hey mannnnnnn I'll put this one right over here, and I'm getting good vibes from this one right here mannnnnnn"

Or something like that.

David, your panel looks so clean and nice. You will have fun flying it that way to 6Y9. Mandatory pirate voice on CTAF.

New panel is very slick... The upgrades are sweet too!

You spent a lot of money fixing a panel, that I would have been very happy with.

You spent a lot of money fixing a panel, that I would have been very happy with.

Yes, but I don't see a problem with that seeing as it's his plane.

The new panel looks nice!

The new panel is nice. The old one lacked a GPS of some sort. And the CD player can go. These days I stream Pandora in the cockpit.

Call me silly, but what do you use for your data source to "stream" Pandora in flight?

Your momma never teach you to keep shut if you don't have anything nice to say?

Why is my simple statement so difficult to understand, Lots of pilots here fly less attractive panels than the before picture. I would have been happy to fly that one.

Why is my simple statement so difficult to understand, Lots of pilots here fly less attractive panels than the before picture. I would have been happy to fly that one.
Shotgun panels are like shotgun marriages: even when functional, they carry a whiff of indecency.
I like the new one. Congratulations!

Not reliable enough for streaming while airborne.

Depends on where you are. I get a fairly reliable 3G connection over all of the Bay Area, even offshore a couple miles, and most of the Central and San Joaquin Valley. It drops out in the boonies and over the mountains.

I used to have Sirius satellite radio, worked great in the plane. I should get it back.

I understood your statement nor thought it appropriate either..

I don't care who you are....that's purdy right there! Nice upgrade, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Back