Beech Party - Tullahoma

I'd like to attend. I'll keep it open, if I can.

Can see it now, everyone show up in their Bo's, couple cool guys shown up in their barons, and fearless just has to pull up in a 18 lol

...I'd totally be that guy too :)

I'm heading to Tullahoma tomorrow. Anybody else from POA going to be there?

LOVE to show up in the Sundowner, but cannot swing it this week...

I'm heading to Tullahoma tomorrow. Anybody else from POA going to be there?

I may drop in on Saturday. That is an incredible museum, and I'd love to see all of the classics that come to the event (in addition to the ones on static at the museum).

I'll be at another fly-in at DZJ. Keep an eye on fire fighting TFRs around CHA. They had one yesterday SFC-4000.

Last edited:
I may drop in on Saturday. That is an incredible museum, and I'd love to see all of the classics that come to the event (in addition to the ones on static at the museum).
Swing by if you can. Saturday morning Taigh Raimey is having his Beech 18 forum. I'll be in the white Twin Beech w/brown stripe -18R

I wanted to see the Starship presentation. That Raj guy seems like a fascinating fellow.

Swing by if you can. Saturday morning Taigh Raimey is having his Beech 18 forum. I'll be in the white Twin Beech w/brown stripe -18R

I dropped in this afternoon (Saturday) with my 5 YO son. One of the directors picked us up in the courtesy shuttle, and told us to give the folks at registration his name for a pair of guest passes. Very nice event, and a very nice museum.

Sorry we missed you.

I dropped in this afternoon (Saturday) with my 5 YO son. One of the directors picked us up in the courtesy shuttle, and told us to give the folks at registration his name for a pair of guest passes. Very nice event, and a very nice museum.

Sorry we missed you.
Bummer! I took off around 1:30 after lunch. 3 nights away was all my wife was willing to give me.

Dang, totally missed this thread! You guys that made it, did you make it to BGF for breakfast? If so, did we meet?? lol

Dang, totally missed this thread! You guys that made it, did you make it to BGF for breakfast? If so, did we meet?? lol
Do not know if we met, but I was there for the breakfast at BGF.

This was the view of the ramp from my bird:

9470f1f47051a35395cdfd3938492b02.jpg

Yeah, don't know why they crammed you guys in there like that. Next year we're gonna put all the 18's on the ramp near the terminal so you can easily get in and out if you want to. I was sad to see no Staggerwings at the breakfast this year!

I was sad to see no Staggerwings at the breakfast this year!
No kidding! I think there were something like 15 that showed up for the Beech Party and they were flying every day, but not a single one fired up for the breakfast run. Afterwards, we were talking with a Staggerwing owner and commenting about how none flew to BGF and he said it was due to the crosswind. I seem to recall that it was around 10 kts, about 45 degrees off the runway. Nothing too ridiculous, so I asked what the x-wind limit was for a Staggerwing. He said it wasn't so much the airplane limit as it was the fact that none of them felt proficient enough. Apparently, those guys don't fly their highly valuable airplanes enough to maintain a high level of proficiency.

Back