Beech F33A down in Pomona, CA

ircphoenix

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ircphoenix
Looks like N222EN according to Flight Radar 24. Sounds like a forced landing that ended in the Fairplex in Pomona. Two people are out of the plane and walking around... unknown total number aboard or injuries.

Probably was trying for Brackett...

The dragstrip at the fairgrounds would work. Certainly not the I-10 freeway no matter what time of the day!

The dragstrip at the fairgrounds would work. Certainly not the I-10 freeway no matter what time of the day!

Fairplex is an excellent place to put 'er down. Enormous parking lot to the east of the strip too, used a lot by police for pursuit training. Just checked my friend's tail number on a similar Beech and thankfully it's not him.

Fairplex is an excellent place to put 'er down. Enormous parking lot to the east of the strip too, used a lot by police for pursuit training. Just checked my friend's tail number on a similar Beech and thankfully it's not him.
From the news reports it looks like the pilot put it down near the grand stands. Looked like some wing damage but the plane was upright.

200 more feet of air under the wings and he could've made Brackett.

Back