Beech A23-24 Super III "Super Mouse"

Todd82

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Todd
After my souped up Cherokee was found to be making metal in the prebuy and I had to walk away, I've now stumbled into a "Super Mouse" which suits the wife's wishes for dog flights better.

Besides the gear pucks, any other things to watch for or stay away from?

Anyone out there got one? What are your real world cruise speeds, fuel burns, etc?

Words of wisdom?

Join the Beech Aero Club, then review the mouse hunt document. This document is a must have for any prebuy on a mouse. Great group of owners that share their experience and expertise on the Baby Beech. I sold my sundowner in 2018 but still remain a member.

www.beechaeroclub.org

Second on the Beech Aero Club. It will be the bet $50 you ever spent. if you buy the plane, you'll know exactly what you were look for. If not, you will know why.

After my souped up Cherokee was found to be making metal in the prebuy and I had to walk away, I've now stumbled into a "Super Mouse" which suits the wife's wishes for dog flights better.

Besides the gear pucks, any other things to watch for or stay away from?

Anyone out there got one? What are your real world cruise speeds, fuel burns, etc?

Words of wisdom?
"Souped up Cherokee"?? What on earth could this look like?

"Souped up Cherokee"?? What on earth could this look like?
Lol. A 140 with the 160hp STC and the Powerflow. Climbed like a champ, especially considering the amount of metal it was shedding.

About 15 years ago, I had a Super Musketeer for about 5 years.
It was a great plane.
It could carry a ton, landed great in crosswinds, and was easy to fly.
But it was slooooowwww.
110ktas.
If you're good with that, It's hard to find any faults with it.

Lol. A 140 with the 160hp STC and the Powerflow. Climbed like a champ, especially considering the amount of metal it was shedding.

Might be a deal. Factor in the cost of a new engine and downtime. Base a offer from those numbers and you could get a nice aircraft with a zero time motor.

Back