Becoming a DPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FAA does not have the personnel to do oversight if the number of DPE's are increased.

That's a lame excuse.

The FAA needs to find ways to do what's necessary more efficiently and to re-evaluate what's truly necessary. They are stuck in antiquated ways of doing things, move at the pace of a flock of snails being chased by a herd of turtles across a field of peanut butter, and have absolutely no motivation nor ability to find creative solutions to problems.

Without congressional funding, how? Everything the FAA does is tied into the congressional budget.

Do you understand that efficiency means finding ways to get things done within a budget, not simply clamoring for more money?

That's a lame excuse.

The FAA needs to find ways to do what's necessary more efficiently and to re-evaluate what's truly necessary. They are stuck in antiquated ways of doing things, move at the pace of a flock of snails being chased by a herd of turtles across a field of peanut butter, and have absolutely no motivation nor ability to find creative solutions to problems.

You're totally clueless when it comes to certification and the requirements, as constantly demonstrated here. Have you ever thought of asking your congressman about the DOT budget, more important the FAA budget and why congress refuses the funding for them to do the job functions?

Every year the FAA puts in their request to expand the services that congress wants, yet congress fails to budget for. In your former line of work when the project goes over budget, you simply submit a bill for the money owed. The FAA cannot do that.

giphy.gif

You're totally clueless when it comes to certification and the requirements, as constantly demonstrated here. Have you ever thought of asking your congressman about the DOT budget, more important the FAA budget and why congress refuses the funding for them to do the job functions?

Every year the FAA puts in their request to expand the services that congress wants, yet congress fails to budget for. In your former line of work when the project goes over budget, you simply submit a bill for the money owed. The FAA cannot do that.

Oh, for Pete's sake; you try to bring up my line of work with no understanding about it, no knowledge of fixed price contracts, of how cost-plus contracting works, etc., etc. But I'm not chasing after that irrelevant diversion.

You're clueless about what it means for an organization like the FAA to adapt, to fit itself to a budget. All you can do is clamor "send more money."

Previously you tried to argue that DPEs should be paid based on what their jobs as jet pilots paid. I guess you realized how lame that argument is and abandoned it, huh? Now you're blaming Congress.

Give it up.

Previously you tried to argue that DPEs should be paid based on what their jobs as jet pilots paid. I guess you realized how lame that argument is and abandoned it, huh? Now you're blaming Congress
Actually, you’re the one who made that topic change.

You mean like one ASI sitting in multiple airplanes observing multiple checkrides at the same time he’s giving yet another checkride?

No, but it's not my job to figure that out. I'm sure there are ways to do the job better, but the gov't is never motivated to find them when they can just print more money.

Let's start with something simple, like how many checkrides must be observed at what frequency. Is there evidence showing that couldn't be reduced without compromising safety?

Let's start with something simple, like how many checkrides must be observed at what frequency. Is there evidence showing that couldn't be reduced without compromising safety?

There's a lot more to this than "observing a checkride". :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back