Becker radios

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
I used a Becker comm and transponder in my Cub. Excellent performance in a small package. I figure to use them in the next Cub as well.

A buddy has them in a Pacer, he has no complaints and they seem to work just fine.

Glad to hear that. I considered Becker, but ended up with MicroAir radio and Trig transponder, based on price vs. features. Becker will still be in the consideration when I spruce up the single-seater. I would give a PiRep on the ones that I did buy, but I haven't tested them yet. I'm waiting for a second set of eyes to look over the transponder wiring, since I made that harness myself. I don't want to let the magic smoke out on the first go.

Very happy with mine in my glider, one of the few that will work well down to about 10 volts.

Brian

They are nice. Check out Microair radios as well. Same form factor, less expensive IIRC. They are pretty well regarded in the E-AB world.

They are nice. Check out Microair radios as well. Same form factor, less expensive IIRC. They are pretty well regarded in the E-AB world.

I would love to hear from anyone who has used both. I promise to report back after I have used my MicroAir.

Back