Beat mono, got a cold

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I suspect I made someone upstairs very angry with something I've done. I finally beat mono, after many weeks of hellish fevers up to near 105 degrees, delusion and eventually, living with my parents so that I could just stay in bed while someone took care of my dog and my soup.

I felt like a million bucks for about 2 days. Went back to work and everything (yes, I still work for Comcast...not sure about that one), and I wake up today with a sore throat, and feeling like crap. Relapse?

Not quite, this feels exactly like a cold, which many people I know have right now. Apparantly, my immune system ain't what its supposed to be yet, and I've picked up a cold immediately after beating mono. I don't feel as bad as I did, that's for sure, but its a bit of a downer to get resick this quickly after feeling better. Luckily, I have the next 3 days off work, and my classes are very unimportant for the rest of the week, so I'll have a lot of bedrest coming again.

Then I hope when I beat the cold, something else doesn't come up. When it rains, it pours.

Tell me.....why do I like women again? :D

Chicken soup! Get well soon. We need you for the Fly Coast-to-Coast for FREE relay.:)
ApacheBob

ApacheBob said:
Chicken soup! Get well soon. We need you for the Fly Coast-to-Coast for FREE relay.:)
ApacheBob

If only I had a microwave. Or there was a fast food place that offered chicken soup :D

Will Chicken Nuggets work?

Nick the management council would like to inform you that you are suspended until you get better. We don't need anyone contageous on the board. LOL:rolleyes:

Seriously Mono is brutal as you well know ( apparently your boss didn't) Time and rest are the best things for you. When you start feeling well again you may be tempted to over do it DON'T. Time my friend give it time.

And FWIW I can't believe they didn't can you from the way you said they were speaking. Perhaps your boss spoke to someone who had 1/2 a brain and they filled her in. Well feel better soon my friend

AdamZ said:
And FWIW I can't believe they didn't can you from the way you said they were speaking. Perhaps your boss spoke to someone who had 1/2 a brain and they filled her in. Well feel better soon my friend

Something changed one day. I was told originally that mono wasn't that big of a deal, and it would not qualify for FMLA. Then, I was told, after HR said they would put in the paperwork, that the deadline was about to pass, and I would have to get the paperwork signed by the doctor and turned in within 24 hours. So I did, and it got sent in.

Then HR started being REALLY nice to me. I was called every few days to see how I was feeling, and being told not to rush back to work and stuff. I don't know what happened, but I suspect someone said something to someone, and it wasn't in a nice way.

It was really weird.

SkyHog said:
If only I had a microwave. Or there was a fast food place that offered chicken soup :D

Will Chicken Nuggets work?
Geez, Nick, go get a $40 aisle-special microwave from Wal-Mart.

How can you survive otherwise?

mikea said:
Geez, Nick, go get a $40 aisle-special microwave from Wal-Mart.

How can you survive otherwise?

I haven't worked in near a month. $40 is as attainable right now as $1,000,000. I feel like a kid again :D

Nick it appears that thankfully someone in HR is probably pretty sharp. I would venture a guess that someone in that department had Mono once ( its pretty common) and when they heard about what your boss said they probably responded with " are you %$#@*&^ crazy? Mono Not a big deal? And then went and did the right thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back