Bearhawk

58_Super_Cub

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
John
I just joined today. I am going to Gastons in June in my Cub. I am also building a Bearhawk from a quick build kit. Just thought I would chime in did not know how many plane builders here.
John

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing the Cub at Gaston's! I started my tailwheel checkout in a 1947 PA-11 a couple years ago. Just haven't been able to squeeze in the next couple of hours to finish it out. Fun flying plane, though!

Also great to see another rivet pounder/fabric puller/plastic molder. My dad and I are proud owner/builders of a Van's RV-7A. Nothing better than taking to the skies in a plane that you know you are responsible for every working (and sometimes not working) part.

I just joined today. I am going to Gastons in June in my Cub. I am also building a Bearhawk from a quick build kit. Just thought I would chime in did not know how many plane builders here.
John

Welcome to the party John.

Not a builder yet, but some day I want an RV-7. Whether I buy it or build it remains to be seen as of now, but I am ultimately looking for a cheap go places airplane that burns car gas in the future.

I'm building a Sonex - lotsa fun in a small, affordable package.

I'm building a Sonex - lotsa fun in a small, affordable package.

Best of luck to all the other various builders.

I'm helping with overall construction and actually designing (!?!) custom landing gear retraction and lock mechanisms for a small group that's building a new quick build Highlander on very rugged, inflated amphibion floats with big tires. It's kind of like a new, side by side SuperCub only better, with folding wings and fuselage sleeping room with seats folded.

It looks like it'll be fired up with either a Turbo Suzuki 1300 SV (about 546# thrust) or a Turbo Rotax 914 spinning a 3 blade, inflight electrically adjustable composite Ivoprop, of the middle weight range.

Last edited:
Welcome John. I'm sure you'll like it here. I hope to get to gastons too and meet ya.

I seen a fellow do a full aerobatic routine in a Bearhawk. It's a straightforward design with a lot of capability, imho.

If the weather is good I will be at Gaston's. I have booked my room for Saturday night.
I hope to get my Cub back in the AM it has been in the shop for 3 weeks. I am getting a new panel. I am doing a Garmin short stack with the AirGizmo on top with a 396 GPS. So I will have a 396GPS,GTX 320A Transponder and a SL 40 Com.
John

I hope to get my Cub back in the AM it has been in the shop for 3 weeks. I am getting a new panel. I am doing a Garmin short stack with the AirGizmo on top with a 396 GPS. So I will have a 396GPS,GTX 320A Transponder and a SL 40 Com.
John

John,

Sounds like a good way to go - That's almost exactly what CubCrafters is doing. Can't wait to see it! :yes:

I've heard really good things about the bearhawk, but I haven't had the chance to fly one.

I wonder how they'd do on floats?

I am building a KR2S (starting soon), but will not be done by Gastons time. Maybe next year's Gastons!

I like the Bearhawk a lot....

Back