Beach Landing

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi All:

I watch the airplanes landing and they approach over the water, beach, and highway on you tube.

Would someone please tell me where this is?:yikes:

Also, the worst landing is the air bus where the nose wheel comes up about 3 times before the plane rolls out. Is this true and if so what would cause this? Too much speed? Don't they have spoilers and reverse thrusters that engage at touchdown? :confused:

Thanks;

Terry

St. Maartin/Princess Juliana airport is the one you're referring to. I think I know what video you're talking about, and I THINK I read somewhere that it was a fake. Also, I think the video might have been sped up a bit so it looks worse than it is. The Airbus does have spoilers (automatic) and thrust reversers (manual), but that only does so much to keep the pilots from doing dumb stuff :D.

Last edited:
Hi All:

I watch the airplanes landing and they approach over the water, beach, and highway on you tube.

Would someone please tell me where this is?:yikes:

Also, the worst landing is the air bus where the nose wheel comes up about 3 times before the plane rolls out. Is this true and if so what would cause this? Too much speed? Don't they have spoilers and reverse thrusters that engage at touchdown? :confused:

Thanks;

Terry

That would be Princess Juliana International Airport on the island of St. Martin. It's very real. :yes:

The beach you're probably thinking of is at TNCM, Princess Juliana.

Is this the video you're asking about?

Attachments

• 092104-hownottoland.wmv
    604.4 KB · Views: 36
Back