Be carefull choosing an IP address

JRitt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JRitt
This is so bad.
People should be more careful when choosing a domain name.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their brochure website at:
www.gotahoe.com
2. Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at www.expertsexchange.com
3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at www.penisland.net
4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at: www.therapistfinder.com
5. Then of course, there's the Italian Power Generator company: www.powergenitalia.com
6. And now, we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South
Wales:
www.molestationnursery.com
7. If you're looking for computer software, there's always: www.ipanywhere.com
8. Welcome to the First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is: www.cummingfirst.com
9. Then, of course, there's these brainless art designers, and their whacky website: www.speedofart.com
10. A site called 'Who Represents' where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity.

Their domain name....

wait for it...

is:
www.whorepresents.com

Those are domain names, not IP addresses. Domain names were invented because nobody wanted to have to remember 45.12.34.234

somebody, snopes that for us (although it does sound funny!)
So, let's take a look....

1. Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their brochure website at: www.gotahoe.com
Real & Active

2. Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at www.expertsexchange.com
Real DN but not active
3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at www.penisland.net
DN came up but with links for gay dating :eek:

4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at: www.therapistfinder.com
Real & Active

5. Then of course, there's the Italian Power Generator company: www.powergenitalia.com
Invalid Link

6. And now, we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales: www.molestationnursery.com
Real DN but not active

7. If you're looking for computer software, there's always: www.ipanywhere.com
Real & Active

8. Welcome to the First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is: www.cummingfirst.com
Real & Active (A church not far from me. It's not easy to title anything with that town name!)
9. Then, of course, there's these brainless art designers, and their whacky website: www.speedofart.com
Real & Active (and anti-war)

10. A site called 'Who Represents' where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity.
Their domain name.... wait for it...
is: www.whorepresents.com
Real & Active

must be my computer, I got a 404 on each and every one last night.

Nope - its because the links are incorrectly formatted, and take you to pilotsofamerica.com/www.gotahoe.com etc.

Nope - its because the links are incorrectly formatted, and take you to pilotsofamerica.com/www.gotahoe.com etc.
I had noticed that the other night when I looked at each one. So, I typed each into my other computer. They came up as I had described.

Experts Exchange, which I steal -- ahem, I mean examine -- code from all the time is real. But it's www.experts-exchange.com Wise placement of the hyphen, I'd say.

I've forgotten the hyphen a few times at work and had the company's "this is a restricted site" page pop up on me. That was fun to explain to the boss. So was www.hookerharness.com -- I think when he called me into the HR office, they were ready to fire me, until I encouraged them to actually go to the site on a non-proxied computer and see that it was totally benign. Good times. :D

Back