BDR resturant

infotango

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rob!
I'm going to do a night cross country for fun sometime this week up to BDR. Any good resturants there, or does anybody want to meet up with me?

PS I'll also consider other airports between 50 and 65nm of KCDW. The trip is mostly just for fun because I love flying at night, and now that I have the PPL, I want to do it alone.

infotango said:
I'm going to do a night cross country for fun sometime this week up to BDR. Any good resturants there, or does anybody want to meet up with me?

PS I'll also consider other airports between 50 and 65nm of KCDW. The trip is mostly just for fun because I love flying at night, and now that I have the PPL, I want to do it alone.
Not much at BDR, but I hear McNally's at KDXR is a good choice. Although I fly out of DXR, I haven't gotten a chance to eat there yet. Olive Garden is right around the corner, and I like going there.

If you want to go further out on the LI Sound, I hear Groton (KGON)'s restaurant is now open again. They have good food out there too.

There are many other choices besides these as I'm sure others will tell you of many more. If you end up going to DXR, be careful from the SW as the field is more difficult to see from that direction and can be mistaken for many others in the area (BDR, OXC, and sometimes HPN)

Jason

Last edited:
infotango said:

Try EWB in Mass. I went there last month for dinner, food was fantastic, nice airport.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KEWB

EWB is a little too far, and DXR is a little too close, maybe I could fly to BDR and then onto DXR, in an effort to make the 50 for XC. (Need all that for IFR.)

I really wish I had more money and was able to fly out to EWB or GON again, both places seem really nice.

Just called Atlantic aviation at BDR, and they seem to be willing to lend me a courtesy car for the evening. They say there is a really good seafood place and a good Italian place nearby. Anybody want fly/drive in to meet me?

C-1 PILOT said:
Try EWB in Mass. I went there last month for dinner, food was fantastic, nice airport.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KEWB
Since I'm based at New Bedford, I've never gone there hungry and I've never been to the restaurant. I'll have to try it out sometime when people want to have a get-together there.

orourke said:
Since I'm based at New Bedford, I've never gone there hungry and I've never been to the restaurant. I'll have to try it out sometime when people want to have a get-together there.
Charlie, I'll be back soon and be glad to give you and other POA forum members a shout.

Back