BBQ tip

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
This is some advice from the Vertical Reference board wrt summer BBQ and cooking ribs:

Beware, the BBQ sauce is full of fats, and this brings up two points:

1. The BBQ will flare up like a bad thing. Keep a 206 with a Bambi Bucket handy. Never throw beer on a fire - it is an incredible waste. Call 911 instead, and continue drinking.

(Now for you non-rotorheads, here's a pic of a Bambi Bucket. I'm assuming you know what a beer is :D )

Attachments

• bambi bucket.jpg
    bambi bucket.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 35
Bob, forwarded it to my manager, who flies blackhawks in the National Guard and is always givig me a hard time about flying whop whops. He certainly could appreciate it and enjoyed the picture. Any idea where the term Bambi Bucket comes from? saving bambi fromt he forest fire?

tonycondon said:
Bob, forwarded it to my manager, who flies blackhawks in the National Guard and is always givig me a hard time about flying whop whops. He certainly could appreciate it and enjoyed the picture. Any idea where the term Bambi Bucket comes from? saving bambi fromt he forest fire?
It's a trade name, Tony:

See:

http://www.sei-ind.com/cfm/index.cfm

A few years ago when I was chief of the local VFD I ordered two of SEI's low profile relay tanks. The locals didn't believe the sides would come up on their own as you filled it. We demonstrated not only did it work, it only took 2 people to set up compared to 4-5 for a "normal" framed tank. And no pinched fingers. They stowed in an oversized duffle bag on the rear bumper of the fire truck instead taking up the side of the water tankers. The cost was about 10-15% less than the "normal" tank of equal capacity.

Now Wal-mart sells a comparable set up for about 25% of the SEI version as a kiddy pool. But it's blue instead of international orange. :rolleyes:

RotaryWingBob said:

That looks like a "de-militarized" Huey AH-1 Cobra in the photo. I think a few states got them as surplus, including Florida (but the attached pic is not in FL, obviously, re: the "hills").

http://www.fl-dof.com/wildfire/equipment/helicopter_bell209.html

RotaryWingBob said:
This is some advice from the Vertical Reference board wrt summer BBQ and cooking ribs:

Beware, the BBQ sauce is full of fats, and this brings up two points:

1. The BBQ will flare up like a bad thing. Keep a 206 with a Bambi Bucket handy. Never throw beer on a fire - it is an incredible waste. Call 911 instead, and continue drinking.

(Now for you non-rotorheads, here's a pic of a Bambi Bucket. I'm assuming you know what a beer is :D )

Back