BBQ at RDU!!

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
Thinking about doing another BBQ at RDU lunch, for those that might want to come to it! :)

Haven't decided on a date or even a time frame - I'm GOING to OSH, so July 22 to August 5 is pretty much out. But before or after that time, I'm good to go.

A mysterious benefactor has offered to sponsor the vittles, so y'all won't have to spring for your own lunch! :eek: :D :D

Sooo... who's up for it? Anybody want to come to RDU and get some 'cue? :D

As always, I'd love to be there as long as PIC doesn't have me doing something else and it isn't during my AYA convention week of July 5-13.

it's narrowed down to a Saturday or Sunday between August 5 and August 23!

We're gettin' there! :)

Ok, folks - it's one of these choices:

August 9th, 10th, 16th or 17th

Let me know what you think...

I'd love to come! 16th - 17th works best for me.

Well, the 9th won't work - logistically - for me. Soooooo....

Ok, it's tentatively set for Saturday, August 16th, 2008 at TAC Air, RDU.

Be there or be square, y'all!
biggrin.gif

Or, in the alternative, let me know if there's a problem for a bunch of folks and I'll see what I can do!
biggrin.gif

OK - I need a head count on who's going to be there! Let me know if you're coming on August 16th! :D

OK - I need a head count on who's going to be there! Let me know if you're coming on August 16th! :D

I'm a-comin'! And tripple nickel is coming with me!!!

Cool! :D

I've ordered the food! Got about 35 people talking about showing up...

NO idea what I'm gonna do with all of y'all - this is about double the usual number... :eek:

Suggested seating arrangement. (Tom is flying his Mooney in, right?) :rofl:

-Rich

Attachments

• MooneyStrength.jpg
    MooneyStrength.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 24
Tom,
What time does it start, and once I land at RDU, where do I go?
Kaye

They'll bring the food around 11 a.m., but you'd want to get there by 10 or so to give you time to stand around and tell lies with everyone else!

You want to go to TAC Air, which is on the departure end of 05R, at the east end of the airport. So you want either 23L or 05R, OR 32 (and it's pretty much right across the runway from 32, seems like. :) It's right next to the GA hangars.

Kaye it starts when I get there and you go where every I happen to be:D

And how long might I have to wait for you to get there??? :dunno: I get testy when I get hungry. :D:D:D

It was a good time! But now we need to hear from everyone so that we know y'all got home safe and sound!

Y'all check in now and let us know, so we don't have to worry about ya! :)

It was a good time! But now we need to hear from everyone so that we know y'all got home safe and sound!

Y'all check in now and let us know, so we don't have to worry about ya! :)

I can vouch that AdamZ made it home... just talked with him a little while ago. Sorry I couldn't make it!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Jill and I are home......well we made it to JYO. Jill still had to drive home to FDK.

Thanks so much, Tom! The food was great!!! :yes: Wish I had some more bbq right now cause I'm hungry again. :D And I have a nice cold beer to go with it. :cheerswine:

Uneventful flight home......well, if you don't count my bumbling with RDU ground.... :redface: I need more trips into busier airports.

So glad we were able to make it, and thanks again, Tom, for putting this together.

Kaye

Jill and I are home......well we made it to JYO. Jill still had to drive home to FDK.

Thanks so much, Tom! The food was great!!! :yes: Wish I had some more bbq right now cause I'm hungry again. :D And I have a nice cold beer to go with it. :cheerswine:

Uneventful flight home......well, if you don't count my bumbling with RDU ground.... :redface: I need more trips into busier airports.

So glad we were able to make it, and thanks again, Tom, for putting this together.

Kaye

Amen to that. Thank you so much, what a nice get-together and great food! And Kaye, let yourself off the hook, OK? Pleeease? :wonderwoman:

Adam and Av are home. Great time Tom. Food was great and people were better met some great new folks. Now I get to add NC to my map, if I can figure out how. Here are some Photos. Of the one with the two planes guess which one I flew.

Attachments

• RDU BBQ_00.jpg
    RDU BBQ_00.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 18
  • RDU BBQ_01.jpg
    RDU BBQ_01.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 15
  • RDU BBQ_02.jpg
    RDU BBQ_02.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 25
  • RDU BBQ_04.jpg
    RDU BBQ_04.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 18
  • RDU BBQ_03.jpg
    RDU BBQ_03.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 19
  • RDU BBQ_05.jpg
    RDU BBQ_05.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 22
Good seeing everyone again. My dad had a good time too.

Thank you Tom for putting this together. The green beans were yummy.

Back