Baytown Texas

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
Has anyone heard how the pilot is from the crash last night. Nes said she was talking when they life flight end her out.
The police are crediting her skill with saving her life.
That's all the report said.

It looks like she was 4 miles S/W of Baytown (HPY) and 6 miles N/E of LaPort (T41). Sure points to fuel, but then again…..

I was thinking fuel too. I don't know a lot about planes yet, but that does not seem a long time to be that low in fuel. So hoepfully it was somekind of failure not related to pilot.

It is always good to see the pilot survive, especially with only minor injuries.

The local Helicopter EMS (Hermann life flight) used to launch automatically on all aircraft accidents.. Dont know if thats still the case.. In any event, one of them is based at Baytown muni...

fly solo

Hola , i have 200 hours , flying with other pilots(instructors) to my right, i take off and land , BUT , i still havent flown alone, i think i can, but there is something that makes me feel better to go with some body else, has anybody of you passsed this situation??

Re: fly solo

Hola , i have 200 hours , flying with other pilots(instructors) to my right, i take off and land , BUT , i still havent flown alone, i think i can, but there is something that makes me feel better to go with some body else, has anybody of you passsed this situation??

[cross post from the thread you started with same message]

Flying with someone is more fun.

But doing solo flights is a confidence booster. Reminds me that I can do this, and do it well, without relying on someone to my right to act as a crutch.

I encourage you to go on so local and regional solo flights. If it helps, do a through flight planning session, including chair flying, prepare all of your needed check lists, planning logs, flight kit. Then seek out a nice smooth flying day and go for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back