Battle Los Angeles

Mafoo

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mafoo
Just watched this movie.

It was far better then I expected. If you like war film's, don't let the aliens thing throw you.

I expected some si-fi type movie. It's much more like what you would expect to see in a war film depicting the Iraq war, then anything else.

Aside from a few over the top moments, it's the closest thing I have ever seen to an alien invasion moves that's not really about aliens. It could have been anyone attacking us.

I guess they picked aliens, because nothing on the planet could really pose a threat.

I liked it for much the same reasons you mentioned.

I'm a sucker for an alien invasion movie. Heck, I liked Skyline, another invasion of the brain eating aliens flick who's special effects artists were responsible for the space ships and whatnot in BLA. I even like the TV show Falling Skies.

I'm a sucker for an alien invasion movie. Heck, I liked Skyline, another invasion of the brain eating aliens flick who's special effects artists were responsible for the space ships and whatnot in BLA. I even like the TV show Falling Skies.

I expected it to be something along the lines of Skyline. My wife is out of town, so I just moved the movies on the NetFlix queue that I know she has no interest to the top.

If you go into it thinking it's like Skyline, you will be very impressed when it's all over. I recommend you watch it.

Saw it, like Aaron Eckhardt's performance quite a bit.

Funny how the alien invasion stories always go for the new things. In HG Well's War of the Worlds it was microbes (a preposterous notion), Independence Day was computer viruses, and BLA was command and control, the latest.

Just watched this movie.

It was far better then I expected. If you like war film's, don't let the aliens thing throw you.

I expected some si-fi type movie. It's much more like what you would expect to see in a war film depicting the Iraq war, then anything else.

Aside from a few over the top moments, it's the closest thing I have ever seen to an alien invasion moves that's not really about aliens. It could have been anyone attacking us.

I guess they picked aliens, because nothing on the planet could really pose a threat.

I forgot that I saw this movie, too. I also liked it a lot. I thnk I had the same thoughts you did - I figured it would be just another alien invasion movie, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. TIme to see it again.

Another one I thought was pretty good was "District 9".

I expected it to be something along the lines of Skyline. My wife is out of town, so I just moved the movies on the NetFlix queue that I know she has no interest to the top.

If you go into it thinking it's like Skyline, you will be very impressed when it's all over. I recommend you watch it.
I was just talking to my wife last night about me coming home in a few weeks. She mentioned that I might want to rearrange the netflix que unless I wanted to work my way through her chick flics. :lol:

I'm all about SciFi and war movies. If it doesn't have something that blows up, it's going to have to work real hard to impress me. :redface:

I was just talking to my wife last night about me coming home in a few weeks. She mentioned that I might want to rearrange the netflix que unless I wanted to work my way through her chick flics. :lol:

I'm all about SciFi and war movies. If it doesn't have something that blows up, it's going to have to work real hard to impress me. :redface:

lol, yea, I would work on that ASAP.

So I am into my cross countries now. Let me know when you're in town, and we can see about getting lunch at an airport somewhere 50 miles away from KLEB :)

Just watched this movie.

Is that the "sci fi" with the overdone handheld camera work?

Is that the "sci fi" with the overdone handheld camera work?

Well, there is a lot of handheld camera work, but you might be thinking of a different movie.

I forget the name of it, because I never was interested in it, but there was one a few years ago that looked like a sci fi version of the blair witch project.

This one the camera work is more reminiscent of Saving Private Ryan, or Band of Brothers.

Well, there is a lot of handheld camera work, but you might be thinking of a different movie.

I forget the name of it, because I never was interested in it, but there was one a few years ago that looked like a sci fi version of the blair witch project.

This one the camera work is more reminiscent of Saving Private Ryan, or Band of Brothers.

If the viewer notices the camera work (e.g., too much handheld), then writers, cast, and/or crew have screwed up.

I simply can't stand a DP that excessively uses handheld. It's like they've discovered a new toy and play with it waaaaaaaay too much. There are other ways to create excitement and tension that relying on handheld. The better DPs and directors know how.

lol, yea, I would work on that ASAP.

So I am into my cross countries now. Let me know when you're in town, and we can see about getting lunch at an airport somewhere 50 miles away from KLEB :)
Count on it!

Back