Bastrop Texas Fire Zone - Air Tankers at work

ausrere

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Lisa
I've had the (mis)pleasure of watching these guys work from closer than I ever imagined I would over the last two days (not my video though). They are my heroes today along with all the fire and law enforcement personnel who have worked for days with precious little breaks to try to control this monster.

I also hear that this bad boy is on it's way to help out today too. I like airshows, but honestly I would have liked to have skipped this one.

10%20Tanker%20Drop.jpg

Our sunset was orange last night, and we can smell the smoke on the island... :(

Ours was orange too. It smells like a campfire here in New Braunfels. I got some stuff together to take with me incase we need to get out.

Lisa - I hope everything is alright with you and yours. When I heard the fires were in Bastrop...welll... :nonod: stay safe!

Lisa - I hope everything is alright with you and yours. When I heard the fires were in Bastrop...welll... :nonod: stay safe!

So far so good, thanks! I'm frustrated about the lack of good up-to-date info from the Emergency Management folks, but we are still in the alert area warned to be ready to evacuate as of the last good report I heard. Most of the main big fire is East of me though and moving South I think. Good thing is the wind today is NOTHING like it was yesterday, so it's moving slower today.

Tanker on the way! Doesn't look like they will have much day light to operate when it gets here today. They don't typically operate these tankers at night do they?

Back