Basicmed and Prozac and lisinopril

Karee Brinlee

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Karee B
I took Prozac it it has been over 6 months since I quit.
I quit lisinopril after losing 40lbs to get in shape for flying.
Of course I will have to report this on basic med but…. will those past meds disqualify me or cause me to have to jump through hoops?

I took Prozac it it has been over 6 months since I quit.
I quit lisinopril after losing 40lbs to get in shape for flying.
Of course I will have to report this on basic med but…. will those past meds disqualify me or cause me to have to jump through hoops?
Have you held at least a 3rd class medical? you need to have at least once, since July 1, 2004, to use basic.....

I have an active Lisinopril prescription and a class 3 for almost 10 years, not an issue if reported…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not meds that can disqualify you, it's diagnoses:

Medical Conditions Requiring One Special Issuance Before Operating under BasicMed
  • A mental health disorder, limited to an established medical history or clinical diagnosis of—
    • A personality disorder that is severe enough to have repeatedly manifested itself by overt acts;
    • A psychosis, defined as a case in which an individual —
      • Has manifested delusions, hallucinations, grossly bizarre or disorganized behavior, or other commonly accepted symptoms of psychosis; or
      • May reasonably be expected to manifest delusions, hallucinations, grossly bizarre or disorganized behavior, or other commonly accepted symptoms of psychosis;
    • A bipolar disorder; or
    • A substance dependence within the previous 2 years, as defined in §67.307(a)(4) of 14 Code of Federal Regulations
. . .

Well other than depression after a divorce I do not have any of the listed conditions nor have I ever had.
I suppose I have to list the scripts from the past even if not taking.
Thanks guys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back