BAS Belts

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
Hey guys,

Just got a set of BAS belts in the mail for my skywagon, wanted to see if anyone on here could answer a few questions

Any places I can buy a direct match paint for my headliner? The plates are pretty close, but not exact on, what is the best stuff to use to get a factory look?

Any tips on cutting the headliner, I've heard some folks just cut it like in the instructions, where as others "button hole" stitch around the holes after cutting, is that needed?

Any other PIREPs on the use or install of these bad boys? I got a good APIA helping install them, but I thought I'd seek the advice of folks who have been there done that too.

Thanks.

Existing headliner and static 4 point utility belts, which are for sale now too :)

image.jpg

New BAS belts

image.jpg

I remembered this CSOBeech article on the subject
http://www.csobeech.com/files/basharnessinstall.pdf

it's light on pictures of the procedure but it mentions this:
-Removed the metal piece that I cut out of the headliner, then cut an "X" in the fabric, folded the fabric back and glued it to the back of the metal headliner material. 3M spray adhesive #77 in a can worked well.

you should have some protection from fraying around the hole. I use a fabric cement.

I have seen it done with out cutting the fabric simply by stretching the weave open with a scribe.

Back