Barron Thomas has paid the zeilers $276,000 to date

"Honest, I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"

Bwhahahahahahaha. Thanks, Jake. LOL

If I'm your lawyer, and I find out you're posting your defense on internet boards, I'm going to break all 10 of your fingers and rip out your internet connection.

Does your attorney know you're doing this????

If I'm your lawyer, and I find out you're posting your defense on internet boards, I'm going to break all 10 of your fingers and rip out your internet connection.

Was thinking the same thing...

I'm not convinced the person posting is really who he says he is. Maybe if he posted a pic of himself holding today's newspaper...

Trapper John

I'm not convinced the person posting is really who he says he is. Maybe if he posted a pic of himself holding today's newspaper...

Trapper John

Maybe he could mail a bloody ear, or a finger......

Trapper John

attachment.php

oops wrong thread! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry Bubba!

Attachments

• bukakke_holding.JPG
    bukakke_holding.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 240
It aint him, just some joker wanting to see how many would try and backtrack what they said.

Why would he come on here, I wouldn't think he would get many customers, just a lot of flack like this thread.

Sorry Bubba!

Ebola Sundae, I'm afraid I will have to cancel our arrangement and find someone else to take 10% of the $5.6 million (five point six million) moneys that would have been yours. :D

Ebola Sundae, I'm afraid I will have to cancel our arrangement and find someone else to take 10% of the $5.6 million (five point six million) moneys that would have been yours. :D
Doh! Now people will know whose code name belong to who!!!! :mad3::mad3::mad3:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BTW that picture is of the real Mr. Bukkake who is a Nigerian 491 scammer. There is a great story about him on http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Trapper John

Do we know anyone who'd be willing to masquerade as BT?

FWIW - I do believe that it is in fact Barron Thomas.

It aint him, just some joker wanting to see how many would try and backtrack what they said.

Why would he come on here, I wouldn't think he would get many customers, just a lot of flack like this thread.

Well .. where is the IP address from that the post came from?

Was the guy who couldn't get his $5k deposit returned by Thomas complaining about it here or on another board?

Was the guy who couldn't get his $5k deposit returned by Thomas complaining about it here or on another board?

That was in the wild west of the red board.

At the time, there was another website called 'aviationscam.com' that reported the experience of a number of other BT customers with the deposit policy. At this point, the link just says '[FONT=&quot]Aviation scam is currently being updated'[/FONT]

So I assume, those customers refunds have been honored ;) (or a cease and desist order had its intended effect to stifle free speech).

Ok, Barron. I don't have a dog in this fight. That said, I've been a member of this community for a long time, and I've met many of these people in person...so I'd like to give you my $.02.

If you really want to repair your reputation among this community it will take about 100 more posts like this one (assuming it's genuine). Respond to the accusations. Refute what people say. Take part in the community. Let everybody get to know the "real Barron". If you're not willing to invest that time, you're fighting an uphill battle.

http://mashable.com/2010/02/21/deal-with-negative-feedback/
Jason:

thanks for the suggestion. It's a good point and I will be glad to.

Barron

We bought a 2004 Diamond DA40 through Barron back in '08. It was a bit hard to contact him to begin with, but the price looked good and we persevered.

I flew out with a CFI to close the deal and fly it back to Virginia. Barron was extremely helpful and friendly and worked hard to fix a couple of glitches that popped up. I would buy from him again.

Just my five cents.

Tim

What part of private message do you not understand? Remind me not to PM you.

I'll remind you that what is on the web is only private until it's made public. If I agree in advance to hold in confidence something you want to tell me via PM, I'll honor that. But just because someone chooses to send you a PM, doesn't make it permanently private, or bind you to keep it so.

I'll remind you that what is on the web is only private until it's made public. If I agree in advance to hold in confidence something you want to tell me via PM, I'll honor that. But just because someone chooses to send you a PM, doesn't make it permanently private, or bind you to keep it so.
Actually, Troy, from the Rules of Conduct:
  • Private Messages received on these Forums are to be considered private and are not to be posted publicly unless the sender of the private message agrees.

Yup, understood; I was informed of that via PM too... (had to be careful how I wrote that, so I wouldn't reveal who told me!). :smile:
:) I posted it publicly rather than via PM just so others realize that it's an "official rule", not a matter of etiquette. Not trying to call you out, or anything.

Troy didn't post the private message, he posted information from that message that had become part of the public domain. It can't be both.

If I sign a NDA regarding your proprietary technology the details of which are published in tomorrow's NYT, am I bound not to tell anybody what was in the paper?

Actually, Troy, from the Rules of Conduct:

:) I posted it publicly rather than via PM just so others realize that it's an "official rule", not a matter of etiquette. Not trying to call you out, or anything.

That's okay. When I screw up (as I did here) I don't mind being called out. If I screw up twice, it's just because I'm getting older and forgetful, not because I'm rude or anything.

I don't really care about the subject of this thread but how could it possibly be private since the OP was Barron Thomas and the amount paid is in the title of the thread? :confused:

I don't really care about the subject of this thread but how could it possibly be private since the OP was Barron Thomas and the amount paid is in the title of the thread? :confused:
Amount owed wasn't. Troy was, of course, free to publish that he was one of the recipients of a PM from BT. Name dropper! :)

I've asked the same question, waiting to hear "how much" of a PM has to be even "mentioned", not "quoted", for it to be a violation. My comment earlier in the thread simply had to do with explaining how somebody can have "xx posts" when none show up in message search. I was one of five folks he'd already PM'd, and those show up as "posts".

Irregardless, I don't want to fight; I shouldn't have posted anything from a PM, and to Richard I apologize, too, if I offended. I think most folks here know I don't make a habit of revealing PM material.

I've asked the same question, waiting to hear "how much" of a PM has to be even "mentioned", not "quoted", for it to be a violation. My comment earlier in the thread simply had to do with explaining how somebody can have "xx posts" when none show up in message search. I was one of five folks he'd already PM'd, and those show up as "posts".

Irregardless, I don't want to fight; I shouldn't have posted anything from a PM, and to Richard I apologize, too, if I offended. I think most folks here know I don't make a habit of revealing PM material.
And it's certainly not a big deal to me, either. I'm not even sure if what he posted falls under the rules of conduct. However, his statement to which I repllied could have led others to inadvertently bust the RoC.

Private Messages received on these Forums are to be considered private and are not to be posted publicly unless the sender of the private message agrees.

This is why I don't accept PMs, with few exceptions. Even if it weren't in the rules of conduct, people seem to have an expectation that their unsolicited communications will be kept private whether the recipient has agreed to it or not. So if someone sends me information relevant to a subject of public discussion, do I then have to pretend that I don't know it? I just don't want to be put in that position, hence my choosing that option on the user CP.

If I sign a NDA regarding your proprietary technology the details of which are published in tomorrow's NYT, am I bound not to tell anybody what was in the paper?

Well, you may not want to confirm to anyone that the NYT got it right. (Since doing so may violate your NDA.)

Chirs

T

Depending what the NDA says you are most likely still bound by it. I have signed many an NDA in my life and things were disclosed in violation of that NDA by others, but I am still bound to it and cannot confirm nor deny the information.

Attorneys who advised our investment banking firm said public domain is exactly what it infers. I can't divulge information that isn't public, but I'm not forbidden from discussing what has been published in the paper. If push comes to shove in such a case, what are the plaintiff's damages?

Depending what the NDA says you are most likely still bound by it. I have signed many an NDA in my life and things were disclosed in violation of that NDA by others, but I am still bound to it and cannot confirm nor deny the information.

Hello everyone. Forgive me for being late to the game. But, I have an aircraft purchased by Barron Thomas, 14700 Airport Drive #130, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 on February 23, 2004. The problem is that over 6 years later, the aircraft has since been resold even though it remains in my warehouse. Is that a typical Aircraft Broker strategy? Just curious...

Hello everyone. Forgive me for being late to the game. But, I have an aircraft purchased by Barron Thomas, 14700 Airport Drive #130, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 on February 23, 2004. The problem is that over 6 years later, the aircraft has since been resold even though it remains in my warehouse. Is that a typical Aircraft Broker strategy? Just curious...

Check the number of liens on that plane. It may be 'worth' millions ;)

http://images.edocket.azcc.gov/docketpdf/0000110561.pdf

here is the response:

http://images.edocket.azcc.gov/docketpdf/0000112529.pdf

Last edited:
Attorneys who advised our investment banking firm said public domain is exactly what it infers. I can't divulge information that isn't public, but I'm not forbidden from discussing what has been published in the paper. If push comes to shove in such a case, what are the plaintiff's damages?
Hmmmm-I've been told the opposite. Even though reported in the newspapers (or on the internet), it doesn't make it correct information.

I'm no lawyer...and I'm probably wrong here. I've never been burned keeping secrets, even though they are "public".

Back