Bargain Helicopters!

Yeah, For what they want for it, it would have to come with a nuclear warhead.

Two months overdue on being washed. Anyone know of a high school Blackhawk wash fundraiser... The army just does not understand that detailing will help them sell this gem :)

Yeah, For what they want for it, it would have to come with a nuclear warhead.

Starting bid is only 1.3 million. That's about 5 million less than when it came off the line in 82. You couldn't get a new Jet Ranger for that price. With this, you can haul your whole family on a trip and bring about 7000 lbs of luggage while you're at it. :D

It actually says $1.3M is the current bid, but that the reserve is not yet met.

Apparently, they're going after the earth-friendly buyer's market. "Reusing this item instead of buying new is like saving the carbon equivalent of...
65,352,111.97 hours of using a laptop computer."

Last edited:
My old 60 in Wiesbaden Germany was 82-23686. I'd like to have it but could not afford the fuel to run the APU, let alone the engines.

Some royalty from Dubai or like that maybe ...

logging or linework operations? People mover?

You either have to put that thing to work, or have so much moola' it doesn't matter. :dunno:

Some royalty from Dubai or like that maybe ...

logging or linework operations? People mover?

You either have to put that thing to work, or have so much moola' it doesn't matter. :dunno:

Depends if it can come out of Restricted Cat to be a people mover. Most likely utility work, fires, logging, construction....

Depends if it can come out of Restricted Cat to be a people mover. Most likely utility work, fires, logging, construction....

The Blackhawk (S70) doesn't have a TC for normal or utility, so the ones out there in civilian hands are operated Restricted.

One of the Brainerd S70's was once owned by the Sultan of Brunie as his daughters personal helicopter. Foreign governments can operate them as they please.

I think Firehawk is the only civilian operator in the U.S. Not really a demand in the civilian sector for anything other than fighting fires.

It's got to be good for a few tons of lift, and plenty of trained pilots for them.

I don't quite have enough cash.... anyone want to go halfsies with me...:lol::lol::lol:

There were Chinooks the past couple of months.

Yeah I believe Columbia Helicopters bought the Chinooks for logging. Gotta good deal on them.

Back