bare foot bandit

Can a Convicted Felon get a PPL?

I think he can get all but ATP.

Getting hired may be more of an issue.

Just read that his probation officer put an end to his GoFundMe campaign.

I'm curious what the legal rationalization for that could be. He already gave his movie rights to the victims as restitution. How can requesting money for training be against his probation?

Note: I don't think he should receive any donations, but why his PO is involved could be interesting.

Two threads going on this. Mods can they be combined?

I'm curious what the legal rationalization for that could be. He already gave his movie rights to the victims as restitution. How can requesting money for training be against his probation?

Note: I don't think he should receive any donations, but why his PO is involved could be interesting.

Are you allowed to profit from a crime you've been convicted of?

Are you allowed to profit from a crime you've been convicted of?

Can my uncle pay for my welding school after I get out of the pokey?

Had I not gone to prison, my uncle may not have known my desperate need for skill training.

Yah, it's a horse**** argument. BUT, is it legal?

Kid has some huge balls! I wouldn't give him a dime, but I can't blame a guy for asking! :rolleyes:

Probably. Don't really care either way. It's pretty pathetic, but if idiots are willing to give him money... that's on them.

same here...I couldn't care less what people do with their money...I just would like to see the reasoning behind people donating to him.

His Gofundme page has been taken down. I hope he does turn his life around and become a useful member of sociality. but I believe he was scamming the internet. he didn't get a cent from me.

I'm surprised no one has asked yet. Can he log the time in the stolen planes towards his PPL?

I do believe that folks should get a second chance, but come on... this guy is a convicted aircraft thief who hasn't even completed his sentence yet, and he's asking folks to fund his flight training? Yes, I think it's "too soon."

Also, why should he receive donations before a law-abiding, low-income kid with a dream of flying but too few financial resources? It also appears that funding his fixed-wing certificates isn't enough to ensure that he stays out of trouble, he also wants funding for his helo training. He certainly has chutzpah.

JKG

As Cajun has pointed out, he owes the plane owners a judgement of $129.000 and he's shooting, or was, for $135,000. Coincidence or not, it does make you wonder.

As Cajun has pointed out, he owes the plane owners a judgement of $129.000 and he's shooting, or was, for $135,000. Coincidence or not, it does make you wonder.

Of course. The problem isn't the flight training, the problem is the ask. Hopefully the PO is on to him.

JKG

I did read somewhere that he sold the rights of his story to movie makers and that money went to pay restitution.

I think John Travolta should play him in the movie.....

Back