Barb - You're my Hero

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
Dang Barb.... I was just over trying to catch up on the MANY ConUS airports that have been claimed since I last read and all I can say was WOW. One day I hope to own a plane and fly as much as you do. :yes:

Missa

Agreed from here as well. Yay Barb! Although, you may have some competition on top claimer soon

Peter Yee is working his way through OR now and may be a real threat to Barb. By the time I'm ready to head down the coast there may not be any aprts left to claim. I suggest a temporary admin lock on his efforts. :dunno:

Barb! you may have some competition on top claimer soon

I sure hope so. Although this isn't really about individual competion, is it?
I've used it as an oportunity to get out and do a little exploring, test myself on different style airports and meet alot of neat people. :frog:

Are we going to be able to extend the ConUs Challenge into next year? I see "Idaho" in my future. I'm pretty sure it is about half way between Michigan and the Short Wing convention in Wisconsin. :eek:

Barb

I sure hope so. Although this isn't really about individual competion, is it?
I've used it as an oportunity to get out and do a little exploring, test myself on different style airports and meet alot of neat people. :frog:

And that's the reason your my hero, the ConUS ichallenge is cool. But add into it that you have done MI once already and have landed in each state and went flying in Alaska... I just like the ConUS challenge becuase I get to read about your flying.

Missa

And that's the reason your my hero, the ConUS ichallenge is cool. But add into it that you have done MI once already and have landed in each state and went flying in Alaska... I just like the ConUS challenge becuase I get to read about your flying.

Missa
One other thing to prove Barb's coolness:

By Sept '06 she had already flown to all of MI's airports save one. She landed at that last airport on her birthday...and it was an airport hosting a grand reopening!

if you think thats what makes barb cool you are fooling yourself.

its the neverending bust your gut about die from laughing stories that makes barb the coolest.

if you think thats what makes barb cool you are fooling yourself.

its the neverending bust your gut about die from laughing stories that makes barb the coolest.

Specially any story involing the farm and racoons.

It's her love of life and can do anything attitude that really makes me look up to Barb and try to be more like her. She's smart, knows what she likes and makes no excuses for anything about her. You are a great roll model.

Missa

Last edited:
"and then I realized that the full propane tanks were on the other side of the wall!"

I'm laughing so hard, I'm tearing up just remembing her tell that one...

me too :rofl: people at work are starting to look at me funny, i better knock it off.

I just won a .357 mag carbine last night that looks like the Rifleman's gun. None of those raccoons will escape me now!
OK, if you're going to keep talking about me, we need to lock this thread. I'm getting a swelled head and having a hard time getting through doors.

Barb

Are we going to be able to extend the ConUs Challenge into next year? I see "Idaho" in my future. I'm pretty sure it is about half way between Michigan and the Short Wing convention in Wisconsin. :eek:

Barb

Oh no, you don't! I'd better get to crackin'! I was hampered by a 2-month downtime for my airplane this summer, but this is a direct challenge on my home turf! I've already been skunked multiple times by Peter Yee, the dog. I'm not going to let a flatland Michgander claim MY airports.

Barb, how are your mountain-flying skills? Maybe I do have one advantage there.:yes:

Who says this isn't a competition!:blowingkisses: :goofy: :cheerswine:

Judy

P.S. I hope to meet you someday, preferably after I've landed first (must activate the date-time stamp on my camera). Anyone who celebrates winning a carbine is my kind of woman!

Last edited:
I know she can fly mountains as I have proof that she landed at Big Creek, Id. I know that she was at my home field S49, vale,Or. and I had the privilege of going to the Starlite Cafe and having coffee with her when she made her visit to my home field. If she can land at Big Creek I think she can probably land anywhere. Bob

I'm not going to let a flatland Michgander claim MY airports.

Barb, how are your mountain-flying skills? Maybe I do have one advantage there.:yes:

Now, that's the spirit! If you can get Idaho, then I'll have more time to get some of Montana and Wyoming. It's a big world out there.

As far as mountain skills, I read the book, then just started at long, open runways and worked my way to short, cramped ones, and watched the weather. I've wimped out of a lot of strips that I didn't feel comfortable with.

Barb

Barb,

That's the way to do it. Well, in the spirit, and to warm up my oil for an oil change, I went out and claimed 6 Idaho airports today.

Judy

Oh no, you don't! I'd better get to crackin'! I was hampered by a 2-month downtime for my airplane this summer, but this is a direct challenge on my home turf! I've already been skunked multiple times by Peter Yee, the dog. I'm not going to let a flatland Michgander claim MY airports.
I can't hold a candle to Barb, but having pretty much run out of airports in Northern California, Oregon seemed like a good place to visit. Hey, there's still plenty of Oregon and Nevada left. So far. ;)
Who says this isn't a competition!:blowingkisses: :goofy: :cheerswine:
A friendly, fun competition, to be sure. Arf, arf! :cheerswine: Still, none of us are going to excel Barb's high standard!

Last edited:
Back