Bank of America Online Banking DOWN

Art VanDelay

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Art VanDelay
Last week Century Bank's online banking was down due to Iranian Hackers. Wonder if it's the same deal with BOA ?

Who in the world would bank with B of A......? :mad2:

Who in the world would bank with B of A......?
I would, I have been banking with different local entities over the years and find them very similar in banking experience. I only use them for "groceries" monies and to pay some bills online, I can pretty much say all their Ipad applications suck fairly evenly but their desktop online services are just OK.

They own my house, only bank to have kept the mortgage long enough to collect more than one payment

I do. Have used them for about 15 years. Have bought three houses, two boats, one airplane, and a few commercial properties with them. I have never had any problems with them, and one nice thing is if I need real paper money(which I rarely carry with me) a BOA ATM is always around(and no pesky extra fees). Are they the best bank around, probably not, but so far they have never really done me bad. I also have always had a "personal banker" with the who I could always contact for help, and have quite often.

Without the outright theft of First Republic Bank from its shareholders, Bank of America is still a modestly sized regional called North Carolina National Bank. They talk at length about investing in the markets where they do business and lending to small businesses, but the minimum loan amounts largely lock out genuine small businesses.

Still, they got a deal, but they are not thieves.

Amusingly the Boston area news interviewed my 97 year old great aunt on her way into one of the branches. Eva claims she's an "old fashioned girl" who does her banking in person.

Yeah....INGDirect works for me. Never have to deal with a teller, everything is free...what's not to like?

Last week Century Bank's online banking was down due to Iranian Hackers. Wonder if it's the same deal with BOA ?

Barclay was down last week also. When I called, the CSR was very candid in explaining the common banking network was down and at last check, it had
been 5 hours. There was no mention of hacking, I don't think any of the CSRs had been told what the problem was or else were told not to discuss the reason.

Back