Bandera Tx

Darrell111

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Darrell111
Anyone know or have any information on the private airstrip located in Bandera Tx which is west northwest of San Antonio. Sure would be nice to land there. It would be right down the st from the cabins we are staying at.

BTW this is not even depicted on any sectional charts. I just happen to see it on google.

Thanks Darrell

Are you talking about the Flying L Ranch that is listed in Google Earth?

According to Airnav, there are actually 4 private airports in Bandera TX. Check 'em out and see if any of them work for you.

Can you be more specific?

The following strips are registered in the vicinity of Bandera, TX:

1XS3 TWIN FALLS RANCH
20TS BAINS PRIVATE
3TA3 BALTZELL'S LAS BRISAS
66TE PRISON CANYON RANCH
87XS CINCO B RANCH
95TA THUNDER CREEK
TA64 JOHNSON RANCH
TA66 FREEDOM SPRINGS RANCH
TE21 LOBO MOUNTAIN RANCH
TE90 FLYING L
XS11 IDLEWILD
XS13 T-4 RANCH
XS43 MEDINA RIVER RANCH

(Idlewild-- I luv it!)

:)

FlyNE said:
Are you talking about the Flying L Ranch that is listed in Google Earth?

Yes this is the one I saw on google. I need to see if i can get into there.

And yes it is depicted on a sectional... i was informed of this on the Red board.. i feel dumb ha..

PM me with your email addy, I know a new pilot from Bandera who is in touch with some of these owners, I considered landing there but decided on erv last month

I think Dave is right, Darrell. ERV has all kinds of services incl. car rental and is, I'm pretty sure, the closest public airport to Bandera.

You may get permission to land at one of the ranch (grass/turf) strips, but then you've likely got transportation problems.

I was surprised to see AirNav listing the Flying L as they plowed up their on-site runway several years ago and have a nice golf course there now; then I noticed that the airport listed is actually several miles from the Flying L rance and it looks like they have some kind of arrangement with one of the ranches there.

Good luck, you'll have a great time. I'm away from home for a while or I'd buy you a beer at the Cabaret.

Have fun.

McK

psyfly said:
I think Dave is right, Darrell. ERV has all kinds of services incl. car rental and is, I'm pretty sure, the closest public airport to Bandera.

You may get permission to land at one of the ranch (grass/turf) strips, but then you've likely got transportation problems.

I was surprised to see AirNav listing the Flying L as they plowed up their on-site runway several years ago and have a nice golf course there now; then I noticed that the airport listed is actually several miles from the Flying L rance and it looks like they have some kind of arrangement with one of the ranches there.

Good luck, you'll have a great time. I'm away from home for a while or I'd buy you a beer at the Cabaret.

Have fun.

McK

Oh so now golf is more important then our nice runways!! Dangit! :)

Thanks for the info.. i wont be there till first weekend of sept so if you are there ill take you up on that beer and of course i would buy a round too :)

Flying L doesn't have a strip any more. Once upon a time....

Your choices are KERV or KHDO. There are very few services at HDO, much better to use ERV and rent a car. Boerne Stage is another option, a bit further afield.

Back