Baker's cyst

U

Unregistered

Anyone had one of these before? Do they go away? An x-ray did not indicate any arthritis and an MRI indicated that the ligaments and meniscus are ok. The orthopedist recommended hitting it with 600mg ibuprofen 3x/day for a week, but that seems to have done little.

Anyone had one of these before? Do they go away? An x-ray did not indicate any arthritis and an MRI indicated that the ligaments and meniscus are ok. The orthopedist recommended hitting it with 600mg ibuprofen 3x/day for a week, but that seems to have done little.

I use a glucose a men, (sp) supplement for joint lube. it does help me. but I have never had any thing like a cyst.

I had one of those on my wrist when I was a kid. The physician told my mom to just smack it with the family bible. I overruled that. It eventually went away on its own, but I don't know if that is normal or not. See an orthopedist.

A Bakers cyst is an outpouching of the knee capsule, usually associated with a torn meniscus. Movement of the knee pumps joint fluid into the cyst and it acts like a one way valve. Unless it ends up impinging on some vital structure, they are almost never removed, and in fact we almost never stick a needle in to remove the fluid since it's usually thick, and the cyst will inevitably re accumulate.

They are typically associated with a torn meniscus, and cleaning up the torn meniscus generally helps the pain. Sometimes you need a good MRI to see the tear, not an open MRI.

Good luck.

I had a bible bump 2 years ago. When I finally burst it, it hurt like a bastard.

But it felt great afterward and never came back. Man up, bash the **** out of it and get on with your life.

Baker's cyst and a ganglion cyst are two different things.

I had a bible bump 2 years ago. When I finally burst it, it hurt like a bastard.

But it felt great afterward and never came back. Man up, bash the **** out of it and get on with your life.
Hand surgery is so easy. Blam and cured. Why the Bible and not a hammer?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back