Baker to Thunderbird pilot

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
This year's number 6 has a cool story.
Apparently he first saw them fly from the roof he was working on while a baker (fixing something up there is what I heard) and that moment changed his life:

What a great story!

Nothing like that happened to me after my very first flight. What's up with that?

I want to learn how to make cookies too.

-John

What a great story!

Nothing like that happened to me after my very first flight. What's up with that?

I want to learn how to make cookies too.

-John

I don't even have a Kitchen Aid mixer. Wouldn't fit in my tiny studio apartment. I would, however, say that flying changed my life. Just not so quickly and obviously as this guy. I'm convinced that one day something major will happen BECAUSE I'm a pilot. Until then I'm happy with the way things are now.

I don't even have a Kitchen Aid mixer. Wouldn't fit in my tiny studio apartment. I would, however, say that flying changed my life. Just not so quickly and obviously as this guy. I'm convinced that one day something major will happen BECAUSE I'm a pilot. Until then I'm happy with the way things are now.
Here is what is going to happen to you Kimberly. There is going to be a major earthquake up in Nawthern California. Yourself, along with hundreds of other private pilots will be conscripted to fly out survivors, bring back medical supplies, and personnel.

Most of these pilots will succumb to fear and quit, but not you. Your bravery and skill will be lauded around the world, for your many repeated landings at earthquake ravaged airports.

You, along with only a few other pilots will be given ticker tape parades, dinner at the white house, along with the Nobel Prize for risking your life to save others.

Several years after all these major life changing events, a huge alien space ship will enter our solar system. It will soon be discovered that they are an even more hostile species than ourselves. Inter galactic war will break out.

Because of your world famous bravery, you will be recruited to fly one of our first attack star ships. After hours of intensive training, in flying them and space combat tactics, you will go into combat against the alien slime heads.

After destroying hundreds of them due to your superior flying skills, you, and you alone, will spot a weak spot in the enemy defenses. Against all odds, you break through their lines, and are able to attack and destroy their gargantuan mother ship.

Once again, Kimberly, you, the worlds foremost and famous pilot will be lauded around the world for your bravery. You will be at the top of the worlds "A" list. Entertained by heads of nations who clamored in line just so that you might allow them to bestow titles and gifts on you.

Wherever you walk, people will stop what they are doing to bow, applaud, and thank you for all you have done for them.

One of your most treasured gifts will be a Mix Master and a box of cookie mix given to you by Vladimir Putten, so that you can make your own cookies.

I'm psychic, I know these things. Count on all of this coming true.............really.

-John

Um - you have got the wrong pilot - I can't even make it down the coast and back up again without getting lost. And I get denied Bravo clearances all the time. I even told ATC I didn't know how my GPS worked when they told me to dial direct O69.

Nice story though!

Oh, if anyone wants to add to Kimberley's story, feel free to contribute. Actually, with all of POA working on this, it could well end up becoming a major literary achievement at the top of the New York Times best seller list.

-John

Um - you have got the wrong pilot - I can't even make it down the coast and back up again without getting lost. And I get denied Bravo clearances all the time. I even told ATC I didn't know how my GPS worked when they told me to dial direct O69.

Nice story though!

Nonsense, because you became a private pilot, all of this is in your future.

-John

Chapter One always has to set the stage for the romantic stuff as well as have the action "hook" and none of us here will be able to write that romantic crap, barring Stan Stemper and his Danger Diva style stories, perhaps. ;)

(Nice job by the way Stan. They're fun reads.)

The heroine needs a man to save and be annoyed by and have those cliche' "does he really love me" moments, and all that crap.

Right Stan? ;)

If anyone tackles writing the rest of the story, please make sure to give Henning a cameo. That's bound to be hilarious. :) :) :)

PoA "Choose Your Own Adventure" books would also be hilarious.

These things are part of what makes your ultimate destiny all the more compelling... overcoming adversity, and self-doubt. It'll be epic!

What a nice story. And the fellow was appropriately chiseled-looking too. Big time kudos.

Back