Bahamas bound in July

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Visited with my nieces last weekend and we decided to head back to the Bahamas this year for our annual trip. This is trip six with my three nieces where we've flown in my plane to exotic places <g>. Began when the oldest was 13. It's been a great time.

We were headed to Europe, but some personal circumstances of one of the girls didn't allow that; Bahamas was agreed to by all this weekend. So, we'll fly to Greenville, SC to visit family; hop over to Treasure Cay for a week; hit Nassau for a day or two; fly to Florida to see family; fly to Dallas; fly to South Texas to see family; back to Dallas; then, back to Wisconsin. Should give the P-Baron a good workout <g>

Got some great news; middle niece was really tired of high school; Mom could barely get her up in going in the morning. Finally, recommended if she was tired of it to got to charter school and finish early. My niece started in February thinking she might complete school next December (one semester early); well, she just finished her entire senior year! So, she graduates in three weeks (a year early) and a very proud Uncle Dave will be heading back up to Wisconsin to celebrate that achievement!

Best,

Dave

Visited with my nieces last weekend and we decided to head back to the Bahamas this year for our annual trip. This is trip six with my three nieces where we've flown in my plane to exotic places <g>. Began when the oldest was 13. It's been a great time.

We were headed to Europe, but some personal circumstances of one of the girls didn't allow that; Bahamas was agreed to by all this weekend. So, we'll fly to Greenville, SC to visit family; hop over to Treasure Cay for a week; hit Nassau for a day or two; fly to Florida to see family; fly to Dallas; fly to South Texas to see family; back to Dallas; then, back to Wisconsin. Should give the P-Baron a good workout <g>

Got some great news; middle niece was really tired of high school; Mom could barely get her up in going in the morning. Finally, recommended if she was tired of it to got to charter school and finish early. My niece started in February thinking she might complete school next December (one semester early); well, she just finished her entire senior year! So, she graduates in three weeks (a year early) and a very proud Uncle Dave will be heading back up to Wisconsin to celebrate that achievement!

Best,

Dave

That's awesome, Dave. Can Spike and Lance and I hide in the baggage compartment? :) You'll all have fun, I think it's great these memories you and the girls are making.

Curious... the Europe idea... were you going to fly there commercial or in the Baron??

Tell her Congrats on finishing early!

Too bad you aren't doing the Bahamas in November. We might be able to meet up!

Have a great time!

That's awesome, Dave. Can Spike and Lance and I hide in the baggage compartment? :) You'll all have fun, I think it's great these memories you and the girls are making.

Curious... the Europe idea... were you going to fly there commercial or in the Baron??

Troy:

I've thought about taking the Baron to Europe, but it would just lengthen the trip too much. It would be several days of flying over and back with all the flight planning, possible maintenance issues, etc. associated with that. We really just wanted to get there and see things. Taking the Baron would make the flight more of the focus unless we could take more time off.

Best,

Dave

Tell her Congrats on finishing early!

Too bad you aren't doing the Bahamas in November. We might be able to meet up!

Have a great time!

Thanks Grant; you sure understand what it's like to have a bright young lady get through school <g>.

Yea, too bad some of these trips couldn't be coordinated differently. This is when the girls can get off school and work--and, I can make it <g>

Best,

Dave

We have been thinking about taking the Cessna down to the Bahamas sometime in the near future. I would appreciate any suggestions on destinations, possible pitfalls, etc.

We have been thinking about taking the Cessna down to the Bahamas sometime in the near future. I would appreciate any suggestions on destinations, possible pitfalls, etc.

I've gone several times, as have a lot of other folks on here. Where you go depends a lot on why you are going and what you want to spend. We fly to Treasure Cay and take a ferry over to Green Turtle Yacht Club. It's a neat get-away. Nice reef one can wade out to and see lots of creatures in very shallow water snorkeling, or, one can take a boat and dive deeper. Lots of sun and sand for my nieces. Small village they can go to to shop. Kind of expensive.

We will also hop over to Nassau for a couple days to shop. This is much more touristy, but the girls do really like to spend a day shopping there.

The AOPA web site gives great info and there is a book one should order called the Bahamas & Caribbean Pilot's Guide. All the info you need is available in those places. Night flight is prohibited if not on an instrument flight plan and instrument approaches are limited. You need to be on a flight plan in and out (DVFR or IFR). Lands where customs is located there and at a POE here (the first on the way back).

It's a neat place to head.

Best,

Dave

Back