Bah Humbug.

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I did my first wrenching on airplanes in 1954 when I was a lineboy earning flight time. I learned to change tires, spark plugs, time mags and such under the watchful eyes of some old time mechanics.

I am now 85 and in all that time I have never dropped a spark plug. *&&%%$^^%^!! Until just now that is. I didn't just drop it I managed to launch it. Of course it had to be brand new, just freed from its plastic tube.

Bah! And many words that I can't post here.

Wow! 69 years.

I believe you are entitled to increase bystanders vocabulary.

I'm thankful that you held your tongue as some don't. The vulgar language allowed on this site (most noted in the joke thread) means that I will not recommend this site to our Young Eagle recipients (EAA program for children between 8-17 years old) nor to my Christian family & friends.

I pick my way pretty carefully through this site as there are a few contributors that have extremely valuable information to share and possess the ability to articulate their points with clarity & fluency without crude & indecent language.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not suggesting to anyone how they should live but rather explaining the way that I try to ...

I'm thankful that you held your tongue as some don't. The vulgar language allowed on this site (most noted in the joke thread) means that I will not recommend this site to our Young Eagle recipients (EAA program for children between 8-17 years old) nor to my Christian family & friends.

I pick my way pretty carefully through this site as there are a few contributors that have extremely valuable information to share and possess the ability to articulate their points with clarity & fluency without crude & indecent language.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not suggesting to anyone how they should live but rather explaining the way that I try to ...

You sound like you're a lot of fun at parties.

…I am now 85 and in all that time I have never dropped a spark plug...
If it makes you feel better, I’ve only dropped one since doing it my first time 30+ years ago. It was the very first plug and cracked the insulator.

Thank you for wandering the sands of our vulgarity in search of your answers. Also thank you for not infesting the place with young eagles or more christians. :p :D

The funny thing is, by the time I was of that age, I knew most of those words.

TV and video games cover 99.9% of the words now, plus horrendous murders, thievery, rape, sex, and more words like those.

Rough River fly-in probably covers all those, plus the .1%

plus liquor

Last edited:
I grew up in a household where swearing and cursing of all kinds were strictly forbidden. There were many, many words I didn't even know existed until college, at which time I lived with a girl who seemed like she must have spent her entire life up to that point learning how to curse and swear. It was a bit of a culture shock, but it desensitized me to other people using such language.

I don't think it's appropriate for speech around children at all, and I don't partake (for the most part...sometimes, I say "gosh" or "darn" now. Don't tell my mom!), but I guess I just expect other adults, especially people around my age, to use that language. It seems to have become the norm. To me, it's just crass to speak that way, and I don't understand why it's necessary to make every sentence so littered with swear words, it approaches the point of becoming nearly illegible. To each their own, though. I'm sure there's plenty of my speech habits that people could pick apart.

I did my first wrenching on airplanes in 1954 when I was a lineboy earning flight time. I learned to change tires, spark plugs, time mags and such under the watchful eyes of some old time mechanics.

I am now 85 and in all that time I have never dropped a spark plug. *&&%%$^^%^!! Until just now that is. I didn't just drop it I managed to launch it. Of course it had to be brand new, just freed from its plastic tube.

I can imagine what your were thinking, after all these years.
I haven't been around airplanes all my life like you have but I have been around sparkplugs since I was a teenager. So I can relate a little except I never screwed a 35 dollar sparkplug into a lawnmower or old car.

I am 63 and my hands are not working as good as they used.
You are doing great if this is the first time you dropped one. You earned it! Congratulations

Back