Bader Field

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
For those of you who couldn't make it to Bader Field here are some Pics. I took today. Hope you enjoy them. Dave G.
P.S. Yes Bob i included you OH_NO (lol)

Attachments

• DSC01010.JPG
    DSC01010.JPG
    320.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC01011.JPG
    DSC01011.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC01012.JPG
    DSC01012.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01013.JPG
    DSC01013.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01014.JPG
    DSC01014.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC01015.JPG
    DSC01015.JPG
    323.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01016.JPG
    DSC01016.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01017.JPG
    DSC01017.JPG
    315.4 KB · Views: 40
So, is it offically closed yet or o I still have time... was sick with a head cold this weekend so couldn't fly

Missa

Missa said:
So, is it offically closed yet or o I still have time... was sick with a head cold this weekend so couldn't fly

Missa
Well Missa it's still open fro now , not sure how much longer someone said they think closing the 15th,might want to check before flying down there.
Dave G.

Shipoke said:
Well Missa it's still open for now, not sure how much longer someone said they think closing the 15th, might want to check before flying down there.
Dave G.
Wanted to go say goodbye to Bader weekend about a week ago but torrential rain kept us home. Went to airport Monday, Labor Day, after checking with WXBRIEF to make sure they were open. Unfortunately, noticed during preflight the plane was kneeling (in prayer or supplication) and had no fluid in nose gear. If Bader stays open and weather allows, will try again next weekend after blessing by mechanic.
- Aunt Peggy

AuntPeggy said:
Wanted to go say goodbye to Bader weekend about a week ago but torrential rain kept us home. Went to airport Monday, Labor Day, after checking with WXBRIEF to make sure they were open. Unfortunately, noticed during preflight the plane was kneeling (in prayer or supplication) and had no fluid in nose gear. If Bader stays open and weather allows, will try again next weekend after blessing by mechanic.
- Aunt Peggy

If the head cold goes away, I'll be trying for Saturday. Meet ya there, then we can do lunch on the boardwalk.

Missa

I was there recently. I think this picture represents the sad fate of many great airports.

Attachments

• Badersign.jpg
    Badersign.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
wow i heard it wasnt closing until october...i am a regular at this airport and now i will need a new destination ..it was my favorite airport to fly into becasue i always encountered something different going there...

the last time i was at bader i had to do a go around becasue of a family of geese on the runway and then my second attempt my mains touched and i noticed that same family of geese walkin back the other day across the runway and i didnt wanna go around again so i just lifted my right wing slightly and skimmed over all of thier heads...lol..probbaly a stupid move but it was a last second reaction to lift the wing before i took all thier heads off...my GF was in the plane..she got a kick out of that...but damn...i dont want THAT to be my last landing there..

Ant

AuntPeggy said:
- Aunt Peggy

It doesn't look like my cold is going away... oh well, if you go have fun. I really wanted to get there before it closed but I'm not flying till my head feels better.

Missa

Missa said:
It doesn't look like my cold is going away... oh well, if you go have fun. I really wanted to get there before it closed but I'm not flying till my head feels better.

Missa
Sorry to hear you haven't recovered yet. Get well soon.

My mechanic hasn't called yet, so it looks like I'll spend the weekend on the ground, too.
- Peggy

Back