Bad Elf GPS unit for sale

Inverted

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Inverted
Here is a link to the website to read all about it:

http://bad-elf.com/products/gps/

This is a great GPS dongle. Very lightweight, small and not cumbersome at all. I purchased a new iPad 3 AT&T LTE version so I have no need for this unit anymore. I used this while flying all the time and it is very accurate, is quickly and easily found by satellites and is very reliable. Its 100 bucks plus shipping from their site, and on Amazon.com. I will do 75 shipped as it is not that old and in perfect working order.

34rj990.jpg

Here it is connected to my wifi iPad 2 with Foreflight opened and picking my location up.
3sj5u.jpg

I bought one of these from another POA member and it works great! I used it with ForeFlight to navigate my last cross country. Marvelous tool.

John

Here it is connected to my wifi iPad 2 with Foreflight opened and picking my location up.

I have never grasped the usefulness of an external gps on the ipad2 - I have that one and when I turn it on, I have gps. :dunno:

I have never grasped the usefulness of an external gps on the ipad2 - I have that one and when I turn it on, I have gps. :dunno:

A GPS chipset is built into iPads with 3G/4G data service. If your iPad is the WiFi-only version, you only have augmented location services via WiFi triangulation, no GPS. Hence, external/added GPS needed on WiFi-only iPads.

And I have the Wi-Fi only version. So I needed the Bad-Elf.

And I no longer have wifi only. Hence no longer needing it hehe. The internal GPS so far is working great. Keeps up just as good as the bad elf at 230kts and above 15k.

A GPS chipset is built into iPads with 3G/4G data service. If your iPad is the WiFi-only version, you only have augmented location services via WiFi triangulation, no GPS. Hence, external/added GPS needed on WiFi-only iPads.

Thanks Mike! I had no idea you could buy a wifi-only ipad. I figured gps was the latest improvment which would be included in all subsequent models.

edited!

Last edited:
Thanks Mike! I had no idea you could buy a 3G with no gps. I figured gps was the latest improvment which would be included in all subsequent models.

You can't get a 3G with no GPS, but you can get a WiFi-only iPad that has no GPS. In other words...all iPads with cellular data come with GPS. If it's wifi-only, no GPS, be it iPad1, 2, or "new".

fixed!
and the reason someone would have a wifi-only gps, as a traveler..is because it was bought as a gift. Or they wanted to do an add-on later, perhaps.

Yep 3G has gps. I have a ipad 1 3g/wifi. I DO NOT have the 3g service activated and the gps works excellent. Best bang for the buck. I use the wingx pro 7 and love it. One tip... If you have alot of cell phones around it turn them on airplane mode. The cell phone can confuse the ipad. Only one time the gps did not get a signal and there were 3 of us standing around with iphones. As soon as we turned the phones off I has instant gps signal.

Since his was sold... I have one for sale too.
* GPS itself with original packaging
* 10' USB cable
* 3' iPod Dock Extension
* About 20 power on hours

Will also take $75 shipped.
xaminmo at gmail is fastest, but PM here works too.

Back