Bad drones, bad drones,

I wonder how long until they add a Glock to them? (And it's already been done by civilians—yikes!)

Use case aside, I'd love to fly that M300 with the Zenmuse H20. :drool: I've flown one of the Skydio drones they talk about in the article and while I'm impressed (and somewhat uncomfortable) with their auto-flight pathing and automatic collision avoidance, I've dealt with people watching them crash into things.

Big brother is always watching.

But of course, if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about.

The problem is that, like any other tool, they can be ripe for abuse.

Couple it with facial recognition and other stuff that certain agencies do - almost certainly the FAA will grant an waiver of most of the regs. There are groups working on automated ATC for drones, too. Pretty some they (drones) will be the rule rather than the exception.

Based on a North Texas UAV meeting I went to, I'd expect to eventually see them on the roof of every public school...

Based on a North Texas UAV meeting I went to, I'd expect to eventually see them on the roof of every public school...
What would be the primary use case driving that? Watching the students? Or watching for people who shouldn't be near the students?

What would be the primary use case driving that? Watching the students? Or watching for people who shouldn't be near the students?
This company was pushing for students to be able to "opt in" to have a safety button device that would trigger a drone launch anytime there was concern, basically.

Kind of like the movie "they Live"

Last edited:
Back