Bad day for a stuck mike !

So your employee can't talk about the lack of desirable companionship. Wow.

No , But my daughter and myself sat in first class fron Atlanta to West Palm Beach, and had to listen to two gay flight attendants conversing OUT LOUD about their fisting experiences and why the airline feared "them" because of their "untouchable" status. For 1.5 HRS!

No , But my daughter and myself sat in first class fron Atlanta to West Palm Beach, and had to listen to two gay flight attendants conversing OUT LOUD about their fisting experiences and why the airline feared "them" because of their "untouchable" status. For 1.5 HRS!
It seems to me if you didn't like the conversation, you should have reported them. At the very least, they would have received diversity training or they would have been bounced out the door.
You go on a rant that someone finds offensive, or tell an off color joke, your boss has every right to boot you out the door. You've created a hostile environment. The law will back you up.
As for the pilot, he's lucky they didn't bounce him out the door. That could be a career ender.

Having that much lack of respect for co-workers is a toxic situation which I would not tolerate, especially within a crew.

What did his "co-workers" think of him before this episode? Was he liked, treated others well, etc? I am floored that due to a technical gaffe you would fire someone for saying something even if they are professional enough to NOT say it normally. I am glad we do not have the thought police....

What did his "co-workers" think of him before this episode? Was he liked, treated others well, etc? I am floored that due to a technical gaffe you would fire someone for saying something even if they are professional enough to NOT say it normally. I am glad we do not have the thought police....
If I'm signing the guy's paycheck it's my decision. I would also can the FAs who were talking about fisting in front of the customers if I knew about it. We aren't talking about government and the thought police here. We're talking about a private employer. I guess I'm used to the fact that I work in an "employment at will" state where they can let you go for whatever reason as long as it is not discriminatory. And I've seen it done many times.

what animals....and they wonder why they have such a bad reputation.

It seems to me if you didn't like the conversation, you should have reported them. At the very least, they would have received diversity training or they would have been bounced out the door.
You go on a rant that someone finds offensive, or tell an off color joke, your boss has every right to boot you out the door. You've created a hostile environment. The law will back you up.
As for the pilot, he's lucky they didn't bounce him out the door. That could be a career ender.

My wife is a coordinator for this airline and we don't make waves, besides, they have more rights than we do, and would only face possible reprimand.

If I'm signing the guy's paycheck it's my decision. I would also can the FAs who were talking about fisting in front of the customers if I knew about it. We aren't talking about government and the thought police here. We're talking about a private employer. I guess I'm used to the fact that I work in an "employment at will" state where they can let you go for whatever reason as long as it is not discriminatory. And I've seen it done many times.

Ah, Grasshopper.

How naive of you to believe that, as an employer, you have the right of control over the behavior of your employees in the workplace.

I am pretty confident that the principal conversations here were not between the offending pilot and the company's HR department, but rather, pwere between the company and SWAPA (the Pilots' union).

Ah, Grasshopper.

How naive of you to believe that, as an employer, you have the right of control over the behavior of your employees in the workplace.

I am pretty confident that the principal conversations here were not between the offending pilot and the company's HR department, but rather, pwere between the company and SWAPA (the Pilots' union).
Actually that's exactly what I told someone the other day. The union saved his job. I've never worked for a company with a union, though, and I've watched people disappear for much smaller reasons and I support the right of the employer to do it.

I just didn't want to get into the union thing because the borders of the page are not green.

Last edited:
Back