Backorder/ out of stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
I have noticed that many companies are not producing stuff. Sporting goods like shooting supplies (primmers) guns, drugs, are in short supply.
It seems the Chinese have stop production, and the US companies have not started.
"Midway USA" is a example.

comments ?

Part of the adjustment to the “new normal”

How do people expect products to be produced and delivered if people are self quarantining? Unintended consequences that many of us could see on day one....

It’s supply and demand. Right now there is huge demand for ammo and guns, but the manufactures aren’t ramping up to meet that demand. Realistically a lot of this demand will go away after the election so companies don’t want to put capital into growth for short term gain. They got burned several years ago when there was a push to ban AR’s and got tuck with a lot of inventory when the pressure went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed that many companies are not producing stuff. Sporting goods like shooting supplies (primmers) guns, drugs, are in short supply.
It seems the Chinese have stop production, and the US companies have not started.

comments ?
I’ve been told in my area that reloading supplies are not being restocked, then shelves have been clean for quite a while. I’ve been trying to get primers for 2 months now with no luck. I’ve see some bullets come in thru Midway, but that’s about it.

Sporting goods like shooting supplies (primers) guns

The shortage on those is not a production issue. Gun sales and everything associated with it is at all time highs given the current turmoil. New gun ownership is setting records.

comments ?

Given the current covid-19 panic, I doubt that US production is operating at max capacity. Couple that wilh the buying frenzy of anything firearm-related, and yup, we get to see shortages. It shouldn't suprise anyone that small rifle primers are hard to get. (I haven't looked for pistol primers - don't need any).

If you have a local supply house, they might have some stock ... in some ways, local stock doesn't get grabbed quite as quickly as stock at midway and other big-name internet places.

btw - there aren't a lot of firearm-related things made in China that I'd particularly want.

It isn't just gun stuff, we see that the computer products are also in short supply

Everything is in short supply. Reduced production efficiency due to covid regulations combined with record purchasing leads to shortages of everything. Every school system in the country is trying to get laptops and tablets. My local boat store that typically keeps 300+ boats in stock has practically none.

Everything is in short supply. Reduced production efficiency due to covid regulations combined with record purchasing leads to shortages of everything. Every school system in the country is trying to get laptops and tablets. My local boat store that typically keeps 300+ boats in stock has practically none.
RV products too

In 3-4 months something will give. Either the economy will collapse or the virus will mysteriously fade away.

I just heard on the radio that laptops (especially the lead expensive Chromebooks and lower end Windows laptops) are in very short supply as well.

I have MacBooks/iMacs at home with very long lives, so good there. Also stocked up on the slinging supplies, so good there also. I ask for 3 month supply of medicine when needed...mostly because I’m lazy to refill, but good to have I hand.

Probably a good reminder to keep a stash of necessities or consumables on hand and refreshed for emergencies or, well in this case, global pandemics.

It isn't just gun stuff, we see that the computer products are also in short supply
Work from home and school from home is driving that. Early on in the pandemic, I ordered a web camera for my work computer so I could do web meetings. No problem. Three weeks later I went to order the same model for my wife, could only find it used on ebay for 2x the price of new.

Pressure treated lumber is also in short supply in these parts. Working from home leads to lots of fixing the house projects like new decks and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back