Background Checks

pookies

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
pookies
I meed to have a background check for my CNA class. The part where it asks you if you have been conviicted of a crime, the instructor said that you have to include ALL moving violations and parking tickets. Is this true? I was always under the assumption that it meant more on the lines of being arrested. If this is true, I'm going to find it impossible to be able to list every single fine I have received. :eek:

Illegal parking and speeding aren't criminal acts, but I don't know what the exact instructions are on your paperwork. If in doubt, take the paper to an attorney licensed in your state and get proper legal advice.

Illegal parking and speeding aren't criminal acts, but I don't know what the exact instructions are on your paperwork. If in doubt, take the paper to an attorney licensed in your state and get proper legal advice.

Depending on what state you are in, speeding may indeed be a criminal act.

I believe that is a state by state issue.

Wa says that speed over the limit by 15 miles per hours is reckless driving, that is a felony here and will stay with you for the rest of your life.

Wa says that speed over the limit by 15 miles per hours is reckless driving, that is a felony here and will stay with you for the rest of your life.
So just how fast were you going, Pookies?

She's probably more concerned about the fact that I constantly get parking tickets in a vehicle registered to her name. As to if that is a criminal act -- in Nebraska -- no it is not.

The important thing is not to lie. If you list all you can remember, then I would not worry to much about it.

You could always check with the states you got violations in, and see if they have any records.

I doubt if you don't put down the one you can't remember, and they find it, they will red flag you.

Get a copy of your state driving record (most states don't report offenses after 3-5 years )
..if you really want detail of what can be seen order a national driver database record through Missouri or Florida.
That should be what can
"show" up on you in terms if moving violations and related offenses.

You should be able to order a private composite record from your state which may show unreportable or "expired " offenses

Last edited:
Dont ask your teacher. Ask the agency who performs the background checks for clarification.

by the way....

That can't be right, is it?

It's just a checkbox. Pay for a report of your driving record and attach it. Bureaucracy appeased.

Wow, if you only go 15 over the speed limit here, you risk being rear ended!

Adam, the question exactly asks "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME(S)? ___No ____Yes (If yes, explain below)"

The reports requested are the following:

County Criminal History

NE Abuse Registry

USHHS List of Excluded Individuals and Entities

GSA List of Excluded Entities and Individual

National Sex Offender Public Registry

The only reason they need this background check is because I will be doing clinic hours in an assisted living facility and they want to make sure I am not a criminal.

Another question, I have gotten 2 speeding tickets over 10 years ago, which I went to court for (my choice.) The DA said, both times, the violations would be removed from my record. Which it seems to be the case as they never showed up on my DMV check for work and my insurance never went up. Do those have to be reported?

As far as parking tickets, what Jesse said, and the fact that I can't remember all the other parking tickets I got in New Orleans many years ago.

Also, this is due at 9 AM tomorrow. So I can't really contact anyone about this and look into it further.

Adam, the question exactly asks "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME(S)? ___No ____Yes (If yes, explain below)"

The reports requested are the following:

County Criminal History

NE Abuse Registry

USHHS List of Excluded Individuals and Entities

GSA List of Excluded Entities and Individual

National Sex Offender Public Registry

The only reason they need this background check is because I will be doing clinic hours in an assisted living facility and they want to make sure I am not a criminal.

Another question, I have gotten 2 speeding tickets over 10 years ago, which I went to court for (my choice.) The DA said, both times, the violations would be removed from my record. Which it seems to be the case as they never showed up on my DMV check for work and my insurance never went up. Do those have to be reported?

As far as parking tickets, what Jesse said, and the fact that I can't remember all the other parking tickets I got in New Orleans many years ago.

Check "no" and note in the place for explanation that some parking tickets were issued for your vehicle.

That way you are covered both ways.

Ain't no lawyer. Advice worth no more than what you paid for it. Probably less.

Librarians trying to comply with the fine print never get anywhere in life. Check no and move on.

She's probably more concerned about the fact that I constantly get parking tickets in a vehicle registered to her name. As to if that is a criminal act -- in Nebraska -- no it is not.

:confused::confused::confused: How do you get parking tickets in Nebraska?

I meed to have a background check for my CNA class. The part where it asks you if you have been conviicted of a crime, the instructor said that you have to include ALL moving violations and parking tickets. Is this true? I was always under the assumption that it meant more on the lines of being arrested. If this is true, I'm going to find it impossible to be able to list every single fine I have received. :eek:
I had to fill out a bunch of hospital credential papers a few years ago. They required listing any criminal convictions. I asked a friend who was a detective what to do and he told me most traffic violations are classified as a petty offense and do not need to be listed unlike misdemeanor or felony convictions which must be listed. If you list some speeding tickets I doubt that anybody would get too excited but who knows?

You park your car where you aren't supposed to. The things one has to explain to Floridians.

Having driven across Nebraska many times, I have trouble imagining finding an unforbidden parking spot to be that difficult.

Ack 9 AM that stinks. Danielle. If you were in PA I'd say you can check no because speeding tickets are not a crime in PA. If all you have are tickets and where you got them it is not listed as a crime however minor my best guess is you are good to go.

Back