Back to the Trinidad

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Hello! I wish I were flying more these days, but I am only doing about two flights a month, or four hours a month. With the occasional long trip, I am only flying about 70 hours a year.

Anyway, since I fly so little, I make every flight a proficiency flight. This week, I am thinking of going back and getting current in the Trinidad, and also flying some approaches. I am worried that I might be behind the airplane in the approaches though--not so much due to the complexity as to the unfamiliarity. (I feel fine in the Saratoga.)

I think I will do it anyway. :)

have fun ben, im sure you will do fine.

Ben,

I'm quite sure you are safer at 70 hours/year than some pilots at 500 hours/year. Have fun flying the Trinidad, and let us know how it goes!

Ben,

I'm quite sure you are safer at 70 hours/year than some pilots at 500 hours/year. Have fun flying the Trinidad, and let us know how it goes!

...you can say that again!

Anyway, since I fly so little, I make every flight a proficiency flight.

Not every flight, but similar boat. Only 77hrs last year, with almost 40 of them under the hood practicing apps. But, I have a nice bankroll saved to fly the Mooney when it arrives. :yes:

My flying has been curtailed a bit too. When I do fly I spend sometime in the pattern doing take offs and landings, up in the air I try to add some skills. I need to do a BFR in April but I may move that up to March or Feb.

This week, I am thinking of going back and getting current in the Trinidad
<snip>

Enjoy it while we have it, Ben. The owner posted on the Socata Web board that he might take it back to Australia in a few years, and I kinda doubt Patrick will dig up another TB20 for us to enjoy.... :(

Thanks guys! Didn't do it--too cold. I'm going to try again next week, but I'll probably just rent a Cessna for now, and maybe shoot some approaches with an instructor.

Back