Back in the saddle.

Display Name

Display name:
Threefingeredjack
After a hiatus of 6 years I strapped into a helicopter today. A perfectly innocent 406 was the victim, and it actually was usable when we finished. :D As expected I was rusty, and my hover started out looking like a ping pong ball in a washing machine, but I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it all came back to me. I ran up and down the taxiiway in ground effect then we went out for some air work and wound up with three approaches under the hood into PHOG, then out to PHHN for lunch. All this as a gift from the boss wifey.....thinkin' about keeping that girl!!!!

Congrats must have been a great feeling! It's crazy how quickly everything comes back to you I finally got back behind the yoke in May after a 10 year break and was very surprised how fast I got back in the groove.

Piloting helicopters in Hawaii for fun?
You suck.

Wife and I took a copter tour around Maui about 15 years or so ago. Great fun. No idea how to fly the things.

Congrats. Yeah it takes awhile to get the feel back. First time I brought the 407 to a hover I thought I was going to wreck it! Almost gave the controls back to the IP. 12 yrs of having computers assist me made me sloppy. After 30 mins or so it started to come back and I could keep the hover within the state border. :)

Back