Back in the saddle! Life is again good!

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
R22 N7527D lives!

Our new rotor blades and spindles were installed over the weekend, and one of my partners test flew it. Last night, a couple of my partners flew it, and I got my shot at it this morning.

I was concerned about rust (on me, that is) so I went up with one of my partners who is a CFI.

As it turns out, there wasn't much to worry about. My first lift-off and touch-down were a little ragged, but after that hoverwork, max performance t/o, steep approach and all that good stuff went just fine.

Oddly enough, even with a more than 3 month layoff, I was just as comfortable flying the Robbie as I had been before.

If anything, the helicopter seems to fly better than it used to -- there was noticably less vibration both in flight and during the shutdown sequence.

And just to prove that I can go both ways, I took the Cherokee for a few laps around the block with a gusting crosswind to add a little spice.

Ahhhh. Life IS good!

Glad the Robbie's back in the air Bob. Can't let the Archer get too jealous now!

You suckered one of the partners for a test flight??? Thought the mech was going to do that ;)

Glad you're back in the air!

Kaye said:
You suckered one of the partners for a test flight??? Thought the mech was going to do that ;)

Glad you're back in the air!
Thanks. That was the plan, but I guess my CFI/partner with some 6000 hrs in helos got antsy. Good move, I guess, the ship REALLY flies well...

Back