Back in the saddle again

Vinny

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Cousin Vinny
First time in the left seat since November 2007. Whole lotta rust to shake off, but it went about as well as could be expected. Steep turns and stalls were OK, got way behind the airplane doing an RNAV approach to a circle, and pattern work left a lot to be desired, although it didn't help that at the approach airport I was given a 360 on downwind for spacing for the first landing and an extremely extended downwind for the second landing. Lots of difference at a moderately busy class D in busy airspace (C90) than at the fairly quiet non-towered airport in mid-Missouri where I used to fly.

Really, the worst part of the experience was landing back at PWK, because after rollout the nose strut collapsed and the tire went flat, even though it was my smoothest landing of the day. Nothing like having to sit and wait on the taxiway for 15 minutes for a tug from Signature to come and get you. :mad:

So, I'll definitely have at least another flight coming to finish my BFR and IPC, but man, it felt good to be back up again.

Congrats,it's always fun to come back to something you like to do. Have fun and good luck.

First time in the left seat since November 2007. Whole lotta rust to shake off, but it went about as well as could be expected. Steep turns and stalls were OK, got way behind the airplane doing an RNAV approach to a circle, and pattern work left a lot to be desired, although it didn't help that at the approach airport I was given a 360 on downwind for spacing for the first landing and an extremely extended downwind for the second landing. Lots of difference at a moderately busy class D in busy airspace (C90) than at the fairly quiet non-towered airport in mid-Missouri where I used to fly.

Really, the worst part of the experience was landing back at PWK, because after rollout the nose strut collapsed and the tire went flat, even though it was my smoothest landing of the day. Nothing like having to sit and wait on the taxiway for 15 minutes for a tug from Signature to come and get you. :mad:

So, I'll definitely have at least another flight coming to finish my BFR and IPC, but man, it felt good to be back up again.

Which plane?

Congratulations! Just don't start singing, now...

-Rich

What school? I used to work at PWK, working at DPA now.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Back