Back in the saddle, again

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
out where a friend is a friend...

just logged my new times - resuming training March 20! I am heading to Florida on the 11th to meet my folks for a brief sojourn, and that following Sunday it's up up and away!

aside to Dr. Bruce - I am doing VERY well - saw my doc this week. she expects it's just about over. woohooo!

Good on ya, Liz! I haven't been up since December. I wanted to get some wheels up time this weekend but the plane was booked. Gotta at LEAST do some patternwork soon! I can FEEL the rust growing on me!

Brian Austin said:
Woohoo! PPL Checkride by....June? :D

initially I was hoping for PPL by my birthday, June 20, and I am still going to gun for it, but if I at least get it before the 99s trip to New Zealand in mid August, I will feel really good. I figure I have at minimum 40 hours to go, and maybe 50.

it's been stop start stop start stop start. hate being sick! and dratted weather. a friend of mine now flying for NWA said he had to pick up and go to Florida for several weeks to finally finish his PPL with any consistency.

I still have to get my SODA out of the way too!!

Elizabeth, see my post about psychological barriers and what they did to me. Why do you figure on 40 or 50 more hours? Even if true, I would focus on the tasks, not the hours.

wangmyers said:
Elizabeth, see my post about psychological barriers and what they did to me. Why do you figure on 40 or 50 more hours? Even if true, I would focus on the tasks, not the hours.

Hi Ben

Just a guesstimate? You're right, I shouldn't think that way though. I have not yet soloed (mostly due to the medical issues drawing it all out) but I may be past where a just-soloed student would be. (maybe - not sure?)

I'll go find your post now, thanks...

Good to hear, Beth.

Now if I could only get Hunter over here, too....some of the excellent medical information originated from him....

:)

Last edited:
Bruce~
It sounds from reading his posts as though the main impediment to getting Hunter over here is the unfamiliarity with the new software... Surely we must be able to overcome that, don't you think? ;)

Glad you're here!

Back