Back in the air

mnewb1

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
M Newberry
I finally got back in the air today after a hiatus of seven years. I recently joined the West Michigan Flying Club at KMKG and went flying with an excellent instructor in their (now, a part my) 1970 177B Cardinal. Awesome plane, and it felt great to be up again. Airwork went well. I haven't spent too much time at controlled fields, so the radio work was a little rusty, and the landings could use some polishing, though none were really bad.

All in all a great afternoon.

Congrats on your flight,and welcome back.

7 years! I get itchy after a week, and positively crabby after two weeks away from flying.

Glad you made it back into the air!

Congrats! I'm flying a 177B out of Mason not too far from away. Great plane!

I was able to try out my new Dual XGPS170 and FlyQ EFB on my iPad mini. Both worked like a charm. As I was coming off the active runway at the end of the day, I glanced down and the display had automatically switched to the airport diagram tracking the planes location as I moved along. Very Cool.

Say hi, to Matt Rogers, in the tower for me. He's a Peorian.

:)
Bruce

I'm in the Saginaw area at Harry Browne (KHYX)
Once you are turned loose (or even before) we could meet up somewhere for a $100 cup of coffee. Dalton comes to mind.
This is a tough time of year to restart flying as the weather will ground you more often than not - we have freezing rain and a coating of ice on everything here this morning. I usually go to the airport on Friday mornings but the roads are treacherous, so I'll pass on it today.

denny-0 and Fat Albert The Apache

yeah, I've been weathered out multiple times over the last couple weeks with the lake effect snow we get from Lake Michigan

Back