Back in the air!

sanforce

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
sanforce
I started training in last January, but I had to stop about 4 months ago due to insufficient funds. This morning I started up again with a new instructor who teaches out of LSA's (cheap.) I logged 1.2 hrs, and it only cost $100!!! We were supposed to fly a Remos G-3, however the mechanical accidentally left the master switch on overnight. Instead, we flew in the Evektor SportStar. I was absolutely amazed at how quiet and responsive this little LSA was. It's already safe to say that I am going to like this new club a bit more than my last one (better instructor, better prices, more aircraft options.) I'm going to be flying at least two times a week here on out, and hopefully I'll be ready to solo within a few months.

It's good to be back!!!

Welcome back! Do you plan to get your Sport Pilot or Private Pilot certificate?

Awesome! Good job adapting and sticking with the dream. A lot of people hit that financial wall and never get back around to it.

Some of the LSA's around these days are damn fine aircraft.

Awesome! Good job adapting and sticking with the dream. A lot of people hit that financial wall and never get back around to it.

Some of the LSA's around these days are damn fine aircraft.

They really are...got my PP certificate a few weeks ago, and I'm saving to go get checked out in a Flight Design CTLS near me...at $99/hr wet, I'm saving $35 an hour from the 172 I rent. Plus, it's a really cool airplane.

I hear people talking and see magazine articles discussing how schools replace Cherokees and Skyhawks with LSAs due to lower operating costs. Supposedly the availability of Skycatcher was a big deal for schools with Cessna fleets. But I haven't seen it actually happening in the middle of the country.

$99 wet is a deal. Around here, with an instructor we're nearly $200/hr.

Back