Back from the Keys!

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
And what an excellent adventure even tho the only original planned stops that were executed were KMTH and KEYW. :D Excellent FBO's at all our stops....well except for one, but we didn't stay there long.

Dealt with wx both ways which included unplanned stops......but that was just part of the adventure!

I also learned what an excellent pax I had with me, even if he did consider the in-flight service poor. On the way down, we stopped in Waycross, GA. It was a potty stop and a look at the wx. After a look at the wx and a conversation with a briefer, decided we wouldn't make it to MTH and there was no reason to push on another 100 miles or so when good wx was forecasted for the next day. A lot of airplanes were landing at Waycross due to the wx, both IFR and VFR. One poor IFR pilot had a real complainer for a wife. His ticket was new and he was looking to the rest of us as to what we thought could be accomplished. And then there was his wife.......bitching and moaning that if they couldn't make their destination today, she wanted to go home. And look at all those holes on the wx radar.....why can't you fly thru there....there's lots of room. Talk about pressure on the poor dude. I announced my decision to stay, and that seemed to break the stalemate for the other pilots, who also decided to spend the night. There was a grizzled old-timer that after watching the PITA wife, started telling stories of pilots who pushed on in the wx and are now dead. They spent the night, but I'm sure glad I didn't have to hang out with them. :no:

Anyway, tons of fun!!! For Karl, it was just one big adventure no matter where we were. His only request before we started was "don't scare me". Mission accomplished!! Never scared Karl and he heaped tons of kudos for his pilot! :D

Can't wait for my next big adventure.....the western journey with final destination Gastons!!!!

Kaye

Great writeup, and good on you for setting the trend there! You may have saved two lives! :yes:

Dealt with wx both ways which included unplanned stops......but that was just part of the adventure!

Great post, Kaye! Glad you had such a great trip.

Flexibility is the name of the game, right? It keeps you safe. :p

Sounds awesome Kaye BUT....:needpics: do you have any arial shots?

Yep, just got to get them downloaded from the camera. And coming home yesterday, Potomac routed us directly over Dulles!!! That was cool!

Sounds like an educational and entertaining adventure. Glad you had a successful trip.

Yep, that IS part of the adventure. :yes:

Talk about pressure on the poor dude. I announced my decision to stay, and that seemed to break the stalemate for the other pilots, who also decided to spend the night. There was a grizzled old-timer that after watching the PITA wife, started telling stories of pilots who pushed on in the wx and are now dead. They spent the night, but I'm sure glad I didn't have to hang out with them. :no:
I love your description of this scenario. :D And yea, poor dude with the PITA wife. We're both lucky we have great 'co-pilots'. :yes:

Anyway, tons of fun!!! For Karl, it was just one big adventure no matter where we were. His only request before we started was "don't scare me". Mission accomplished!! Never scared Karl and he heaped tons of kudos for his pilot! :D
I'm glad that both of you had a great trip! I'd love to fly down there someday. Hmmmmm, might be something to put on the calendar for next year's trip.

Can't wait for my next big adventure.....the western journey with final destination Gastons!!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing you at Gaston's! Maybe I can get that ride in your airplane this year. :fcross:

Back