Back Country Flying Course July 2012

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
Just got this in an email from the 99s:

6814742793_a722126027_o.jpg

Kim! I went to one of these last summer- it was based out of 2U7 (1 hour north of KSUN). I went because my instructor out there was lecturing and invited me to come along. It was GREAT. Well, not the part where I sat in the back while another pilot tried her hand at high altitude flying on a warm day. I turned green and it wasn't with jealousy.

I'll be in that area on those dates too! Are you going to sign up? It's awesome what you learn.

Kim! I went to one of these last summer- it was based out of 2U7 (1 hour north of KSUN). I went because my instructor out there was lecturing and invited me to come along. It was GREAT. Well, not the part where I sat in the back while another pilot tried her hand at high altitude flying on a warm day. I turned green and it wasn't with jealousy.

I'll be in that area on those dates too! Are you going to sign up? It's awesome what you learn.

No, I don't really have $930 but I thought someone on POA might be happy I posted it since it looks like fun. Will you go?

Oh cheez, I didn't see the cost. I went for free last year because I tagged along with my instructor and didn't cause any trouble. Lol. There's going to be another one, again, north of KSUN this summer. Oooooo, I'll get you the info! You can stay with me, too. (There! No housing cost!). It's a female pilot that puts this whole thing together, let me find the info and get it to you. You'd love it.

Last edited:
It must be hellaciously fun, they're not terribly far from here and their going rates are about 3 times the rates just over the hill. I called them a while back to get my TW endorsement from them, when they showed me the rates, our conversation was over. $295/hr is what they said. (That's plane and instructor)

Last edited:
Back