Babes Update

Razor

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Razor
Okay, so the babesmessageboard.com domain is now up for auction. It seems GoDaddy didn't give me ALL the information in that they said if I put the domain names (including babesandairplanes.com) on back order they would revert to me at the end of the grace period. This doesn't seem to actually be true. :mad2: It looks like I spent money to reserve the names, but I still have to win the auction. I guess I just don't quite understand why they didn't tell me about this piece of it, but I'll make it work.

So anyway, I put a bid on it. The original price was $10, but I decided to make it a little more substantial so I didn't risk losing it to any kid with more than ten bucks who thinks anything with "babe" in the title is cool.

Plus, if what they say is true, that money will just go towards the fee for renewing for a year anyway. Of course, now I'm skeptical that what they said was true. <sigh>

I'll keep an eye on things, but if you go out to GoDaddy and see more than 2 bids on the domain, let me know asap.

Carolyn

Last edited:
Hate to bring this up, but this is why I've migrated all my clients' domains away from GoDaddy. Yes, Network Solutions costs a bit more but is much more reliable and cooperative.

I just went thru this with a third registrar - what a nightmare.

*sigh*

I will definitely consider transferring once the names are once more in possession of the Babes. If for no other reason than I really loathe GoDaddy's commercials. I find them pretty classless.

I will definitely consider transferring once the names are once more in possession of the Babes. If for no other reason than I really loathe GoDaddy's commercials. I find them pretty classless.

Yeah they are just terrible.....:rofl:

Hate to bring this up, but this is why I've migrated all my clients' domains away from GoDaddy. Yes, Network Solutions costs a bit more but is much more reliable and cooperative.

I just went thru this with a third registrar - what a nightmare.

*sigh*

My experience with GD: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48769

I've now got the outside server on Linode and am very happy. All GD offered was one free month of Plesk. Not even credit for the outage.

No way is this tasteless. I don't know what she is selling. But I'm buying!
DanicaPatrickGoDaddy.jpg

The "backorder" system does NOT work. It's not just godaddy. The people who squat on these things grab them faster than people like godaddy and tucows can.

I had a similar problem with longislandairpark.com when our developer went bankrupt, I was not able to grab it.

Okay, so the babesmessageboard.com domain is now up for auction. Carolyn

If you lose it .. just bring it back up as Newbabesmessageboard.com or
such. Then get the word out. Put the link on the babesandairplanes.com site.

Roger

FYI, there are a lot of perfectly dependable, reputable domain registrars out there. Network Solutions is not without complaints, themselves, and you really don't need to pay their prices. I would personally suggest NameCheap.com, and I've generally heard good things about them from others, too.

FYI, there are a lot of perfectly dependable, reputable domain registrars out there. Network Solutions is not without complaints, themselves, and you really don't need to pay their prices. I would personally suggest NameCheap.com, and I've generally heard good things about them from others, too.

I've used 1and1 for years after jumping from godaddy.

Success! babesmessageboard.com is now mine. Well, it is now mine in a week if the current registrant doesn't renew it. Which is more or less impossible, so just a little longer. Of course, babesandairplanes.com will be going through this very same thing starting Saturday when it expires, but at least we'll be able to get the message board back up and running in the next week or so. Woot! =))

Great Job Razor!!!!! Thanks for all the hard work, I don't visit often but the babes is that safe place I always go back to...

Okay, latest update: babesandairplanes.com is now up for auction and I keep getting outbid. I put $50 on it and it's not enough. It's my guess because the word "babe" is in it, someone's going to bid the price up so I can't afford it. I'm going to try doubling, but I'm not going much higher for it. We may need to come up with a Plan B and snag .co or .org or something instead. This sucks.

Okay, latest update: babesandairplanes.com is now up for auction and I keep getting outbid. I put $50 on it and it's not enough. It's my guess because the word "babe" is in it, someone's going to bid the price up so I can't afford it. I'm going to try doubling, but I'm not going much higher for it. We may need to come up with a Plan B and snag .co or .org or something instead. This sucks.

Umm, I'm a sleazy domain squatter (I don't mean to be I usually have big plans that never materialize then goDaddy tells me my domain name is worth an AMU or two so i keep it) babesandairplanes.com is ummm.. not really that desirable of a domain, even given the existing traffic it gathers.. Somebody is just being an ******* and thinks they might squeeze a buck out of you. Pardon mon Francais.

Last edited:
Well, yeah, Rusty, that was kinda my point. Some jack-wagon thinks it's funny to bid the price up. I've set my high limit so if it continues, I'll have to execute a Plan B instead. there are other extensions available besides .com. I'd just rather have the original.

Back