Babes' Dinner Thursday, 7/26 (Moxie Commemoration!)

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Hopefully, there will be a bigger turn-out than last year, Grant! It was fun, but we needed a few more dinner guests!

Hopefully, there will be a bigger turn-out than last year, Grant! It was fun, but we needed a few more dinner guests!
It wasn't "advertised" last year and many people didn't know whether it was happening. That's why I've made this posting and one on FaceBook. I'll post it over on the Purple Board, too.

I'm sure more people will take the time and make it out there this year. This was Moxie's place to have dinner at Airventure and I'm sure that all of her friends will want to remember her at the White House. It would be nice to fill up that entire side room where we were last year. :D

How many of our aviation family are planning to come to the Babes' Dinner at Jimmie's White House Thursday, July 26 6PM? We'll commemorate Moxie!

I've set up a spreadsheet that you can edit (without needing to log in) at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArOQ04rIqOzWdGdjcXIzQVlCZ3dCckZBdTU4bk5KLWc for you to let me know that you'll be coming.

Please try to update the spreadsheet no later than 7/14 so we can give them a semi-accurate count.
I'm going to try to make this one, wx permitting, even though I'm not going to Airventure. I'll also ask Jean (Maverick) if she'd be interested.

Oshkosh is always at the wrong time of year for me. This year is not shaping up to be any different, unfortunately. Should that change, however....

What would be the best field to fly into for this? (other than KOSH, if course...) Was thinking Appleton or Fond du Lac, but since it's during Airventure, I'm wondering if there's anywhere within 50 miles that isn't completely packed.

What would be the best field to fly into for this? (other than KOSH, if course...) Was thinking Appleton or Fond du Lac, but since it's during Airventure, I'm wondering if there's anywhere within 50 miles that isn't completely packed.

Appleton shouldn't have any problems but be aware you will NOT be parked on asphalt, but on the grass/dirt. And tie-downs are mandatory over there.

Brennand (79C) is very close, though a) it's narrow (20') and b) you'll need to call to make sure they have room. Kate used to instruct out of there. She doesn't hang out here anymore, though. :(

Appleton shouldn't have any problems but be aware you will NOT be parked on asphalt, but on the grass/dirt. And tie-downs are mandatory over there.
As long as they have cables, or rings, or something like that to anchor the tiedowns, I should be fine, just like at MCD. If I need stakes, it depends on the ground, since mine have dull tips and don't go into hard ground very easily.

Brennand (79C) is very close, though a) it's narrow (20') and b) you'll need to call to make sure they have room. Kate used to instruct out of there. She doesn't hang out here anymore, though. :(
Neat little field to teach primary students out of! It'll teach you to land right smack dab on the centerline that's for sure. I looked at that satellite picture on Skyvector and had a hard time spotting the runway at first. I think it's actually narrower than the taxiways! If I do end up there I'll set a new personal record for narrowest runway landed on (previously 24').

As long as they have cables, or rings, or something like that to anchor the tiedowns, I should be fine, just like at MCD. If I need stakes, it depends on the ground, since mine have dull tips and don't go into hard ground very easily.

You will not have anything except what you bring with you. No cables. No rings. No anchors. Sorry.

Call them for more details. There's nothing on the ATW website nor on the FBO's website at this time. But this is what we went thru last year.

You will not have anything except what you bring with you. No cables. No rings. No anchors. Sorry.
Bummer. :( Well I'll call them for details if I'm able to make the trip. Weather could always nix it, or a certain date with a DPE ;) (not set yet, but you never know).

Jean is definitely not coming, and I'm questionable too because of the wx forecast, which is for MVFR all along most of the route from VLL to ATW. Bummer that I'm still VFR-only, since it looks like the storms will be east of us by then, and this might have been easily doable IFR.

Jean is definitely not coming, and I'm questionable too because of the wx forecast, which is for MVFR all along most of the route from VLL to ATW. Bummer that I'm still VFR-only, since it looks like the storms will be east of us by then, and this might have been easily doable IFR.

We certainly hope you can we it, but totally understand safety decisions. I'm writing this from in a tent withstanding a thunderstorm. Luckily, it's mainly rain and lightening, and not wind so far. Steingar won't be there, as he's back in OH; again for safety reasons.

I've been trying to arrange my schedule all week with no luck. Perhaps in a paralllel universe...but in that parallel universe we'd all be there with no need of a memorial, just good times.

There is a good chance of thunderstorms during the early evening hours in the OSH-ATW-GRB area. Given no hangar space available, this is one event I wouldn't have chanced even with an IFR rating. Somehow that makes me feel slightly better about it, but I still wish I could have made it.

Back