B17/B25 over AZ

I'm somewhere in far NE Phoenix right now. This afternoon a B-29 flew over. NICE!
I could either stand there and watch or run to get the camera and get a speck in the distance so I obviously just stood there and watched.

The sad part is that the half dozen people I'm working with simply didn't understand or care.

That's beautiful. The video quality reminds me of 16Right! I've gotten to ride in both a B-17 and a B-25 and have to say they are amazing machines. I have a lot of respect for the boys that fly and have flown them.

And, BTW, that wasn't "a B-29" it was THE B-29. Fifi's the only one left flying.

Yea. I know. That's so seriously not right though. One of these days in the not so distant future, the last of the great ones will no longer leave the confines of a building.

Very nice video, and I love seeing these old birds in flight! :)

What amazes me seeing that video is that I can remember crawling trough Sentimental Journey as a little kid 30 years ago. Nice to see her still going strong and looking better than ever.

I'm just hitting the jackpot lately. Yesterday afternoon I heard a different radial engine sound in the distance. A few minutes later a B-17 flew over.

This time one of the guys working with me actually looked up and noticed when it was almost directly overhead and a few others did too. (we were working on stuff with a fork lift outside so they were looking up anyway and it was kinda hard to miss) The guy who noticed first identified it as a B-52 and said it was an old bomber of some sort. Well, at least they're getting closer to knowing something this time -- kind of like being pretty sure that history happened in the past - but it's a start.

Back