B-25 at Boulder, CO

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
From Colorado Pilots Association email:

The B-25, Pacific Prowler will be available for tour from 0900 to 1600 on Wednesday, June 20.

We know we got a late start, but the Pacific Prowler won't always be here. Just hearing and seeing it in the flight pattern into Boulder Airport brought airmen to the field.

There are still seats available for a ride on Pacific Prowler. Please contact Chris Lucas at 303-449-1736 between 0800 and 1200 on Wed., June 20. The seats make a great reward for an employee, a client or family member. They run approximately $400 per seat.

In addition to the tours, Mile Hi Gliding will have a raffle for a free glider ride at their facility located at 5534 Independence Road across the field from the Main Terminal Bldg. at Boulder Airport. Phone: 303-527-1122.

Enterprise Rental will provide free water and pastries, coffee is available and there will be a barbecue lunch between 1200 and 1330 at the main terminal building.

Boulder Airport thanks Exxon for providing the fuel and oil for the aircraft.

Thank you to Colorado Sky Sports for transportation for the crew, and to Specialty Flight Training, Barry Barnov and the Boulder Composite Squadron for the assistance they are providing.

You are also free to bring your own lunch and picnic.

Boulder Airport has been under a face lift with new tenants. It has much to offer the aviation community and general public. This event is a prelude to our Open House on August 18, 2007.

The B-25, Pacific Prowler will be available for tour from 0900 to 1600 on Wednesday, June 20.

We know we got a late start, but the Pacific Prowler won't always be here. Just hearing and seeing it in the flight pattern into Boulder Airport brought airmen to the field.

Greg,

Do you know if Pacific Prowler is going to bomb downtown Boulder before it gives rides? It should! Why not send Aluminum Overcast, Fifi and some others over to finish the job! :D

Greg,

Do you know if Pacific Prowler is going to bomb downtown Boulder before it gives rides? It should! Why not send Aluminum Overcast, Fifi and some others over to finish the job! :D

Even a few well placed threats should open up the pattern a bit. That airport has the most ridiculous noise restrictions that I have ever seen! If you aren't a local, you have about NO clue where you can and cannot fly... Bombing the local noise complainers seems an appropriate activity for such an important symbol of our freedom.

How's the FBO doing there, these days? I've flown mountain training with them a couple of times in the past, and have enjoyed it immensely. Hope to get back there again some time...

Jim G

co-worker and I were discussing this ... if they had live bombs and armed guns, we would both pay double to do that ride!

It was almost sickening to hear the noise complaints coming in on the phone any day that I was there. The folks said they recognized the callers by voice and pretty much knew what the complaint would be. Funniest was noise complaints being called in to the glider club on the north side of the fields ... not on the tow planes, but on the gliders!!!

I'm not sure what's happening with the FBO...I haven't flown out of Boulder for a couple of years. I do know that Dakota Ridge closed their doors a while back, but Specialty Flight moved from Erie to Boulder recently ...

Funniest was noise complaints being called in to the glider club on the north side of the fields ... not on the tow planes, but on the gliders!!!

wow

i assume there were no high speed low passes being done? those actually do generate some noise. but it would be right at the airport.

got some video of engine start and take-off; unfortunately it's on my Treo, so quality is pretty poor. I'll download and post tonight.

Back