Aztec crash in Knoxville

Dang hope it wasn't but have a feeling it's who I did my IR with. Or at least his plane.

That looks like one of them new flyin' cars.

Always liked the Apache/ Aztec line. Keep the right side up,and your chances of surviving an incident are usually good.

glad everyone walked away. did you see the passenger compartment looks totally untouched. those are tough birds.

note to other pilots... please stop wrecking Aztecs until I can buy one

Reactions: Ted
That plane is remarkably intact considering where it landed.

IMG_0312.PNG

Reminds me of the old joke about the second engine being there to fly you to the crash site.

Well we own airplanes to go faster and save time. That second engine gets you there faster than a single with a dead engine can. ;)

oh man, I'm planning for 6-12 months out, but what do you know about it?

I know the owner has been trying to sell it for several years. It looks like it'll cost a lot to get it airworthy again. I wouldn't be surprised to find animals living inside it. And there's probably corrosion in the cylinders.

I know the owner has been trying to sell it for several years. It looks like it'll cost a lot to get it airworthy again. I wouldn't be surprised to find animals living inside it. And there's probably corrosion in the cylinders.

Thanks. I’ll be looking for a flyer when the time comes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Incredible no one was killed!

If you've seen an Aztec up close, it wouldn't surprise you. The things are built like tanks and actually have a tubular steel cage around the passenger compartment. They're probably one of the best airplanes to crash, if you're going to crash an airplane. The whole airplane is incredibly tough. In the 1,000 hours or so I put on mine, nothing ever phased it. Not thunderstorms, not icing, not hard landings, nothing.

Piper built good twins.

Back